Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please
click the link above.
Business Services Assistant
Grant Funding Source
DT Business Services
Provides administrative, computer, and customer service skills in
the performance of a variety of duties to maintain accounting
records and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs customer service duties, such as assisting students,
faculty and staff in person, by telephone or email
• Processes payments and petty cash; balances cash drawers
• Assists with all HigherOne customer service related issues
• Corresponds with payment plan company and collection agencies in
order to maintain current and past tuition and miscellaneous
• Computes and records charges and refunds
• Processes miscellaneous deposits
• Distributes employee timecards and paychecks
• Distributes and receives keys from faculty, staff, and
administrators; receives lost and found items and distributes
• May assist with refunds, collections, student allocation of
military benefits, and 1098T inquiries.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and
follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the
• Completes all required training and professional development
sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching
excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service
to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various
types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific
statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the
work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the
employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
Required Education, Experience, Certifications,
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• Two (2) years of customer service and cash handling
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications,
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency in use of calculator, keyboarding and ten-key by
• Experience working with computerized systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties and
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.
Applicants must be available to work between 2:30p.m. – 7:15p.m.
Monday – Thursday.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License