Career Opportunity Number
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
• Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or two-year technical
• 3 year customer service or related experience.
• Minimum Education Qualification can be substituted with an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
• Evidence of a strong background in STEM education
• Familiarity with processes and procedures in a testing
• Experience with basic computer programs and administering
assessment instruments, preferably at a postsecondary
• Experience serving persons of diverse backgrounds/special
• Evidence of attention to detail, organizational skills, and
ability to work without supervision
• Experience handling confidential materials and records in an
• Evidence of working with multiple projects and departments within
• Evidence of working with students or in a customer service
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required
to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
$32,069-$33,031 annually. A competitive benefit package is
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Cover letter, resume and transcripts are required and must be
attached to the online application in order to receive any
* Interviews will be conducted by a hiring committee.
Metropolitan Community College is the oldest and largest public
institution of higher learning in Kansas City, Mo. MCC currently
offers over 120 associate degree and certificate programs; on
campus, online or a combination of both. MCC employees are
committed to providing equal opportunity for all persons regardless
of age, creed, race or gender.
Incumbents facilitate and administer tests and exams for
Metropolitan Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any person
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, birth, ancestry, national origin, or
disability. EOE /M/F/Vets/Disabled
Typical Essential Duties
• Schedules, prepares the facility for, and administers exams,
including placement, make-up, high school equivalency, distance
education, accommodation, and other exams; work may involve
contacting instructors, responding to testing center and
information requests, receiving and processing exams, and ensuring
that exams are in the appropriate format and that students comply
with College policies and procedures.
• Assists students with understanding testing requirements and
interpreting test results, as well as testing center
protocols/procedures; responds to inquiries from students,
instructors, the general public, and other individuals, via phone,
email, or in person; and provides referrals when necessary.
• Performs administrative and office maintenance duties, to include
scheduling testing appointments; maintaining the department
calendar; troubleshooting system or equipment malfunctions;
directing issues to appropriate departments or agencies to ensure
issue resolution; opening and closing the center maintaining and
cleaning computer and testing stations; and ensuring that testing
and applicable inventory is replenished.
• Documents and records tests, and information related to testing
irregularities and eligibility for testing material usage; and
prints, files, and/or emails exams to appropriate instructors, or
• Reviews and maintains student and faculty records, rosters, and
other documentation, to verify applicable information and ensure
accurate and timely documentation.
• Coordinates with student services staff, disability support
services staff, faculty, and other internal/external staff,
departments, or agencies to communicate testing procedure- and
service-related information, and facilitate departmental goals and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of test proctoring and administration procedures and
• Knowledge of scheduling methods;
• Knowledge of standardized testing procedures and methods;
• Knowledge of recordkeeping principles;
• Knowledge of customer service principles;
• Knowledge of inventory control;
• Skilled in proctoring and administering a variety of testing
• Skilled in administering testing;
• Skilled in using a computer and related software
• Skilled in providing customer service;
• Skilled in operating modern office equipment;
• Skilled in filing and maintaining records and information;
• Skilled in monitoring and ordering inventory;
• Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
No staffing table positions.
Positions in this class typically require: feeling, grasping,
hearing, fingering, reaching, repetitive motion, standing, talking,
visual acuity, and walking. The work is sedentary work which
requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly.
MCC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, MCC will ensure that
persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in
all aspects of employment, including the application process. To
request an accommodation and/or a copy of the Americans with
Disabilities Act applicant procedures, please contact the Office of
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * Do you currently have an Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or
two-year technical certificate?
- * How much customer service or related experience do you have,
as supported by the employment history listed on your application?
- less than one year
- between 1 and 2 years
- between 2 and 3 years
- between 3 and 4 years
- between 4 and 5 years
- five or more years
- How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02