Career Opportunity Number
CRM Manager/Business System Applications Manager
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5 years of a CRM, content management system, advising/success
platforms, web application systems, career services platforms,
learning management systems, other system solution management,
application development and student information systems.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
* Master’s degree in related field.
* Experience with Customer Relationship Management software
(preferably Radius by Campus Management) or content management
system and relevant web application systems preferably with
recruitment and admissions..
* Experience working with a student success/retention platform
* Project Management and implementation experience.
* Higher education experience and knowledge of student services and
* Experience working with diverse teams across a multi-unit/campus
* Experience designing queries or reports (Access, SQL, PS Query
* Evidence of ability to troubleshoot and resolve system and
* Demonstrate gathering, analyzing and interpreting data to produce
* Evidence of strong attention to detail.
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required
to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
The hiring range is $65,670- $71,759. A competitive benefit
package is included.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Cover letter, resume, and transcripts are required and must be
attached to the online application in order to receive any
* Interviews will be conducted by a hiring committee.
Metropolitan Community College is the oldest and largest public
institution of higher learning in Kansas City, Mo. MCC currently
offers over 120 associate degree and certificate programs; on
campus, online or a combination of both. MCC employees are
committed to providing equal opportunity for all persons regardless
of age, creed, race or gender.
Metropolitan Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any person
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, birth, ancestry, national origin, or
disability. EOE /M/F/Vets/Disabled
Incumbents oversee, maintain, test and administrate assigned
PeopleSoft system and other integrated software systems for
multiple functional areas, serve as liaison between functional
users, technical resources and vendors, and provide expertise to
users regarding system-related questions, requests, and
Typical Essential Duties
• Oversees multiple functional areas including making critical
systems decision, determining key business process changes and
strategic prioritization for team goals and projects.
• Supervises staff in multifunctional areas to include:
prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance
evaluations; coordinating staff training; and implementing hiring,
discipline, and termination procedures.
• Manages project operations for multiple functional areas related
to systematic testing and troubleshooting of assigned software
systems and functions, and system updates and upgrades; work may
involve certifying updates and fixes for production systems;
monitoring and reporting project status; planning implementation
and maintenance strategies; and managing teams to ensure that all
operations are performed in accordance with applicable policies,
procedures, and standards.
• Provides oversight, monitors, and tracks the flow of technical
requirements, research and modification requests, and user needs;
work may involve monitoring and researching new software
functionalities; evaluating business process changes; implementing,
configuring, maintaining, and updating software systems;
determining appropriate security levels; monitoring, analyzing, and
approving requested user security; and overseeing user security
• Researches and analyzes new software, and current and new
business processes, to improve performance and data quality, as
well as ensure operational efficiency.
• Communicates with and provides general and technical support and
training to end users on new system and other business processes;
work may involve answering questions; updating users regarding
changes; and diagnosing and troubleshooting software problems, to
include analyzing data requirements; researching data availability;
implementing access methods; and developing and implementing
solutions utilizing alternative methods and procedures.
• Serves as a liaison and coordinates with the IT department, end
users, staff, and other internal and external personnel,
departments, and agencies to communicate information, and
facilitate assigned project and other departmental
• Prepares, updates, processes, and/or maintains general and
technical reports and records; product, process, and training
documentation; communications files; process calendars; and other
documentation and materials; work may involve utilizing online
systems and databases; researching, compiling, and analyzing
complex information; and making and implementing recommendations
based on findings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of principles, practices, protocols and methods of
institutional computing applications;
• Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of facilitating
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of collecting, analyzing and
interpreting business processes;
• Knowledge of project management principles;
• Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of business
• Knowledge of principles and applications of critical thinking and
• Knowledge of best practices, trends and emerging
• Knowledge of principles and methods of qualitative and
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, codes,
regulations (based on assignment);
• Knowledge of customer service principles;
• Knowledge of modern office technology;
• Skilled in supervising employees;
• Skilled in diagnosing problems, determining business issues and
developing and implementing solutions;
• Skilled in documenting process workflow and analyzing complex
• Skilled in managing projects;
• Skilled in assessing needs and identifying solutions;
• Skilled in reading, analyzing, evaluating, interpreting and
summarizing written materials and statistical data;
• Skilled in researching industry trends, solutions and best
• Skilled in compiling, sorting and articulating issues and
• Skilled in gathering data, analyzing findings and applying logic
• Skilled in business math computations;
• Skilled in interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes,
regulations and standards (based on assignment);
• Skilled in providing customer service;
• Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
- Student Activities Assistant
Positions in this class typically require: feeling, grasping,
hearing, fingering, reaching, repetitive motion, standing, talking,
visual acuity, and walking. The work is sedentary work which
requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly.
MCC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, MCC will ensure that
persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in
all aspects of employment, including the application process. To
request an accommodation and/or a copy of the Americans with
Disabilities Act applicant procedures, please contact the Office of
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * How much application development, system solution, or
PeopleSoft experience do you have, as supported by the employment
history listed on your online application?
- Less than one year
- Between 1 and 2 years
- Between 2 and 3 years
- Between 3 and 4 years
- 4 or more years
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- How much application development, system solution, network
administration or related experience do you have, as supported by
the employment history listed on your online application?
- Less than one year
- Between 1 and 3 years
- Between 3 and 5 years
- Between 5 and 7 years
- Between 7 and 10 years
- Ten or more years
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Letter of Recommendation 03
- Letter of Recommendation 04
- Other Document 03