The Department of Family Medicine at Rowan University School of
Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, New Jersey, is seeking a
licensed psychologist (Psy.D. or Ph.D.) for a full-time faculty
position in our Hammonton, New Jersey office. The qualified
candidate must possess a commitment to working with marginalized
and underserved communities and experience in the administration
& delivery of primary patient care services in an
inter-professional setting. A secondary appointment to the Rowan
University Psychology Department and supervision of Psychology
Ph.D. student is possible.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide culturally informed assessment and evaluation of
patient, treatment, and referrals for patients experiencing
emotional, social, and mental health problems.
- Consider social determinants of health and social identities in
assessment, treatment, and patient referrals.
- Provide consultation to other clinical staff in the department
- Adhere to standards and values of patient centered care.
- Serve as Course Support for longitudinal pre-doctoral community
- Assist Course Director with Community Service Learning and
Leadership (CSLL) course content, management of CSLL project
groups, site visits, and project oversight.
- Lead small groups or lectures on topics such as but not limited
to, implicit bias, emotional, intelligence, social determinants of
health, and cultural competency and humility, to medical
- Oversee community service learning projects.
- Serve as Project Director for HRSA Healthcare Careers
Opportunities Program (HCOP) grant.
- Responsible for the success of programmatic deliverables.
- Create and maintain relationships with community partners.
- Oversee curriculum development and changes for all HCOP
- Chair HCOP Taskforce/Advisory Boards as appropriate
- Oversee annual reporting process, ensuring reports are
delivered on time.
- Lead the grant renewal process in conjunction with the grant
- Participate in pre and post-doctoral training activities,
education & feedback within the Department of Family
- Participate in teaching activities and staff development of the
- Involvement in department, school, and university
- Collaborate with ongoing research activities.
- Perform other duties as designated by the Department
Candidates must possess a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical
Psychology from an accredited APA doctoral program. Candidate must
be licensed in the state of New Jersey at the time of hire.
Candidate should have a demonstrated commitment to social justice
and working with underserved communities and experience teaching in
medical education. Candidate should also have experience with using
culturally informed models of supervision to train and supervise
psychology practicum students. Candidate should be a highly
organized and creative problem-solver who values the importance of
medical education, is an effective communicator, and demonstrates
excellence in interpersonal skills. An interest in substance use
counseling is preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking
candidates are encouraged.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal
opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget
Please note that the Stratford Campus is a tobacco free
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the
university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this
Jul 30 2021 Eastern Daylight Time