Facilities Ops Coordinator Conference Center
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for an experienced Facilities Ops Coordinator
Responsible for coordination of Conference Center set-up, break
down, and turnover for all events. Work with the Campus Facilities
Coordinator in planning and executing event requirements. Assist
the Facilities and Plant Operations Manager or assigned supervisor
in ensuring the building(s) equipment and utilities are maintained
in good working order in accordance with facility policies.
Facility and Plant Operations Staff are considered critical to
the operation and security of the district in all conditions and,
therefore, are expected to report for duty as usual during
emergency weather closures and be flexible to work varied hours and
schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Special Events Coordinator regarding
scheduling, room setups, and various client concerns.
- Set all conference rooms according to the specifications given
by the Conference Coordinator
- Ensure all the breakout and work rooms have correct amount of
tables and chairs before any meetings.
- Provide a high level of positive customer interaction dealing
with public and internal clients and assist guests by answering
their questions or inquiries.
- Work effectively with other member of Facilities when
- Work with the contracted custodial staff and their account
manager to ensure a high level of cleanliness, carpet care and
special event staffing.
- Maintain college furniture and supporting equipment in peak
performance, and organizes storage rooms.
- May be responsible for building access control; secures the
building when not in use, and opens doors for special events.
- May perform some basic building maintenance tasks such as minor
plumbing, lighting, tile replacement, etc.
- May receive and create work orders in the computerized work
- May directly schedule and supervise temporary service employees
as needed and monitor budget for temp staffing.
- Work flexible hours and days as needed, including occasional
evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of directly
related experience in Conference Center setup or building
operations required. Supervisory experience desired.
Current Texas driver’s license* and insurable with the College’s
*Individuals hired for this position may be required to drive a
company vehicle. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) Report will be run in
conjunction with the background check during the contingent offer
stage and annually/bi-annually for the duration of employment at
Collin College. Candidates who fail the original background/MVR
report or subsequent MVR reports may not be hired and/or terminated
based on the results of the report.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques with the ability to
apply those techniques.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of work order database system.
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and carry out oral and/or written
procedures and practices with the ability to answer work related
questions in English
- Ability to operate a two-way radio
- Ability to put the fire system on test for maintenance
- Ability to respond to fire alarms and other emergencies and to
work with emergency responders
- Ability to operate the computerized energy management system
for temperature changes.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks
according to established practices, procedures, techniques and
standards with minimum supervision within the assigned time
- Ability to plan, schedule, assign, and supervise personnel to
ensure setup requests are completed accurately.
- Ability to push, pull, carry or regularly lift objects up to
approximately 25 pounds and/or occasionally lift about 50
- Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change and
- Ability to demonstrate competence and interest to the general
public, students, faculty and staff.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to
20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and
lifting. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions
and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Occasional physical effort
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $30,535.00 - 35,115.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or