Construction Technology Tool Room/Lab Assistant
2550 Bending Branch Way,, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Construction Technology Tool
Responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment and safety
requirements. Provide assistance to faculty, staff, and students
with complex lab and/or technical classroom support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, plan, and prioritize laboratory activities for the
Construction Technology area. Maintain laboratory supplies and
- Perform clerical duties including operating a computer,
maintaining records and files, and compiling data and reports as
required; collect and maintain data and records.
- Coordinate, operate, and monitor lab facilities and activities.
Direct and organize preparation of lab materials, supplies,
workstations, equipment, computers, and other media to ensure
efficient lab operations.
- Adapt and apply laboratory methods, practices, and techniques
common to designated area.
- Ensure safe laboratory conditions including safe and secure
handling and storage of supplies and equipment. Recommend,
implement, and maintain safety standards and departmental policies
and procedures to comply with federal, state, and local hazardous
materials, health and safety hazardous waste regulations, and other
applicable regulations with EPA, OSHA, DOT, RCRA, TCEQ and other
regulatory agencies and acts.
- Initiate purchase requisitions, controls expenditures, prepare
cost estimates for budget recommendation and submit justifications
and requests for capital outlay items. Prepare specifications and
analyze bids for purchases.
- Operate, install, maintain, and trouble-shoot laboratory
equipment. Set up, configure, and calibrate new equipment. Write
instructions and standard operating procedures for equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and repair.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with use of lab equipment
- Perform assigned special projects or assignments based on
unique laboratory needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma or equivalency certification and two (2) years
of related work experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
Relevant certifications/licenses, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of Construction Technology
- Knowledge of laboratory tests, experiments, policies, and
- Knowledge of hazardous material/waste handling and
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audio/visual equipment skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to identify and resolve lab technical issues in a
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and
- Ability to use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing,
database, and presentation software
- Ability to use related laboratory software applications
- Ability to follow and enforce lab policies, protocols and
guidelines established by the department
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to
50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects.. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and
lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts,
odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme
temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and
workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to
vibrations, chemicals and oils. Occasional exposure to unpleasant
environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work.
Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or