Supports the mission of the university and the
program by providing quality education and mentorship to DPT
- Provides expertise to faculty and students related to the
practice of physical therapy in their area of expertise.
- Collaborates with PT faculty to develop labs and lab activities
that will engage student learning
- Collaborates with PT faculty to evaluate students based on
course outcomes, including but not limited to grading competencies,
practicals, documentation, and other written assignments
- Facilitates integration of theory and research in clinical
- Works with PT faculty, administrative assistants, and student
workers to set up/clean up labs as directed and keep labs clean and
- Inspects equipment prior to use and reports any problems with
equipment to the course instructor immediately
- Assists with off-campus activities as needed
- Communicates with the course instructor to facilitate
curricular integration and to inform advisors of student issues in
This is a pooled position that will remain open. You will be
contacted if specific opportunities are available.
Contact hours vary according to course needs.
- DPT OR MS + BSPT required
- Clinical specialization preferred
- Current Ohio physical therapy license without restrictions
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in area of
- Membership in professional organizations preferred
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a
sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the course topic.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with
strengths in student feedback
- Is punctual and thorough in completing assigned tasks,
including being presented and prepared for class and/or lab.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Serves as a professional role model for colleagues, students,
and the professional community
- Thinks creatively and critically
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or
- Commitment to collaborating with colleagues in other health
- Seeks clarification or information before making decisions that
affect University and Program operations
Please upload a cover letter stating your interests and your
ability to teach day and/or night courses, your resume or
curriculum vitae, and at least three professional references.
Transcripts will be required when new hire forms are completed, and
successful completion of a background check will be required prior
to the date of hire.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer