Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide customer service to all LC customers, responsible for the
handling of cash/check/credit card payments for tuition and other
miscellaneous fees. Process deposits/payments, cash receipts, and
other financial transactions for the institution
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
NOTICE: Required Documents
- Respond to inquiries for all incoming phone calls.
- Route phone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Assist in the disbursement of payroll, refund, reimbursement,
and work-study checks.
- Assist the office staff during the 1098-T mail-out
- Assist students with 1098-T form inquiries.
- Assist students with refund disbursement inquiries.
- Contact BankMobile Admin Support help desk when necessary.
- Contact students that have not picked up refund checks.
- Distribute incoming correspondence.
- File check requests, refund requests, installment plan
contracts, tuition & book advancements/emergency loans,
returned check files, and other documents.
- Process miscellaneous transactions for incoming check logs,
college organizations, departments, and community deposits in
TouchNet Cashiering System.
- Process third-party contract payments, exemptions, and waivers
in Banner system.
- Process tuition payments and issue receipts to students in
TouchNet Cashiering system.
- Process Continuing Education tuition payments in TouchNet
- Process payments received from collection agency in TouchNet
- Process credit card refunds in the TouchNet Payment Gateway
- Request refund checks for tuition and miscellaneous fees.
- Review outstanding emergency loans/installment plan files and
post payment updates when applicable.
- Review student holds and post payment updates when
- Reconcile cash receipts to cash tendered on a daily basis.
- Reconcile TouchNet Cashiering and Banner system credit card
- Reconcile petty cash and vending refund receipts on a daily
- Participate in special events or College community functions as
- Report to LC South office as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory
- Perform all duties with utmost confidentiality.
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your
high school diploma or unofficial transcript or GED certificate. If
recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be
required. If a license or certificate is required for this
position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- High School graduate or equivalent and at least two years of
college level courses.
- Two years experience in handling of cash/check/credit card
transactions with integrated cashiering or teller software.
Customer service experience and proficient knowledge in computer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two years of college level accounting or business courses.
- Banner and/or TouchNet Cashiering experience.
- Skilled in the use of 10-key calculator, desktop computer, fax,
scanner, and various office machines.
- Must have thorough knowledge in handling cash, checks, credit
cards, and reconciling daily transactions as required.
- Must be able to maintain a pleasant and positive work attitude
among employees; and must be able to work under pressure to meet
deadlines; must be able to work priorities and must be able to work
other than regular hours as required.
Senior Cashier, Assistant Bursar or Bursar.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up
to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging
in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of
1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo
College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are
otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo
College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or
employee will be discriminated against because of race, color,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual
agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow
fair employment practices.
1pt;margin-left:0in;'> Foreign degrees require an evaluation for
United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency
or having membership with the National Association of Credential
Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United
States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an
equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation
service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited
institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your
online application at the time of applying. For your convenience,
we have provided the following links to assist you in complying
with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified
transcript evaluation service.
The above description is an overview of the job.
It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and
responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the
job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC
reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of
this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees
may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or
assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC
as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.