Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of
cleanliness, orderly, arrangement of college property. Completes
all duties as needed to maintain the upkeep of college buildings
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
NOTICE: Required Documents
- Must sweep, wet and dust mop assigned buildings.
- Must apply cleaning and disinfecting solution and finishes per
- Must wash, clean and/or polish glass, furniture, walls, doors,
windows, and bathroom fixtures.
- Must manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space, and
- Must complete non-routine cleaning and disinfecting and handle
emergency cleaning requests.
- Must maintain sports complex clean and ready for use.
- Must maintain inventory of materials and supplies needed to
perform assigned tasks.
- Assists with addressing, documenting, and resolving issues
related to safety and risk measures.
- Support college events by enforcing health and safety
- Participate in college activities designed for professional
growth and development.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the Laredo
College Manual of Policy as well as supplemental information from
- Maintain FERPA standards as applied to public institutions of
- May be required to operate college mobile equipment such as
mules and fleet vehicles per state law.
- Will be required to attend trainings, certification classes,
sessions on safety and equipment usage, and any other classes,
trainings, or seminars as directed by the Chairperson.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Faculty, Department
Chairperson, and Faculty Secretary.
To be considered for this
position, you are required to upload your high school diploma or
unofficial transcript or GED certificate. If recommended for this
position an official transcript(s) will be required. If a license
or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in custodial services
including cleaning and sanitizing indoor facilities and general
maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or must obtain
within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Minimum 2 years working with higher education campus grounds
and sports complexes.
- Certified Pool Technician.
- Provide experienced, quality custodial services.
- Exercise professionalism and good judgment while performing
- Ability to safely and use hand tools, power tools, motorized
tools, and equipment.
Gym Attendant Part-Time
Faculty, Faculty Secretary, Department Chairperson, Dean of Arts
and Sciences and/or the Provost/Vice-President of Academic
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up
to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging
in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of
1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo
College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are
otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo
College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or
employee will be discriminated against because of race, color,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual
agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow
fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency
from an approved stated education agency or having membership with
the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a
course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a
certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree
equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA.
This report must be attached to your online application at the time
of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following
links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However,
you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills
and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities
may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add,
change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any
time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform
other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition,
reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Laredo College offers a comprehensive benefit package.To read more
about our Benefits, please visit this page on our College