81195 - H - Sr Administrative Assistant GA 2
Dean's Office Engineering
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Anticipated Hiring Range
$18 - $22/hr
Monroe Park Campus
Normal work days
Monday – Friday/varies on need
Normal work hours
dependent on applicant
Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the
VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Description of the Job
Since its inception in 1996, the Virginia Commonwealth University
College of Engineering has brought innovative, real-world
engineering education to Central Virginia. Comprised of five
different departments plus the Dean’s office, the College of
Engineering enrolls more than 1,700 undergraduate and 250 graduate
students in several degree programs supported by approximately 600
full-time, part-time, and student employees.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day
activities required to support the needs of the Dean’s Suite. This
position reports to the Executive Coordinator, who oversees the
administrative functions of the dean’s suite and is responsible for
managing this position’s workload, including additional
Specifically, duties include:
- Providing quality service to visitors of the Dean’s Office in a
timely and professional manner while ensuring efficiency.
- Managing all front desk operations and providing multiple
administrative duties to the office, including, but not limited to:
answering, screening, and directing phone calls, copying,
collating, faxing, and other document assistance, and production of
materials, monitoring office supplies and deliveries as required,
and retrieving/sorting daily mail.
- Monitoring and responding to general Dean’s Office account
emails in a timely manner
- Managing room requests in the EMS (Event Management Software)
- In addition, this position will manage the calendars, travel,
and meeting scheduling for our associate deans and executive
- Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per
- Must be detail-oriented and have good observation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple tasks.
- A high level of maturity and a warm, welcoming attitude with a
background in customer service is essential.
- Strong communication skills, strong organizational skills,
experience in sophisticated office systems, specifically Microsoft
Office products, demonstrated administrative and interpersonal
- Responsible, mature, self-starter, with the ability to handle
sensitive/confidential matters with a friendly and professional
tone, is required.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology/software
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff,
and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience
that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment
- Previous experience working in higher education is also
- Previous experience in similar administrative positions is
- Proficiency in Google Workspace is preferred.
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * Do you have experience working in a higher education setting?
- * Do you have experience with Microsoft Office and the Google
suite of tools, specifically Gmail, Google forms, Google sheets,
- * Do you have experience using Event Management software (i.e.
EMS, Caterease, R-25, etc)?
- * If you answered yes above to having Event Management software
experience please describe your experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list your experience in an administrative support
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year - less than 3 years
- 3 years - less than 5 years
- 5 or more years
- * Please describe your experience managing schedules/calendars
in a support capacity.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document