Senior Student Services & Data Manager
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and
the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our
world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students,
faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the
confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London;
Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto;
Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and
Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through
this network, we expand opportunities for flexible,
student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate
programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to
degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among
these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees
designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and
About the Opportunity:
The Senior Student Services and Data Manager (Sr. SSDM) will
provide support to the College of Engineering (COE) Assistant Dean,
Co-op leadership, and faculty Co-op Coordinators in the day-to-day
workflow and effective operation of the co-op program, assist Co-op
Coordinators with projects to prepare students and guide co-op
employer partners through the hiring process, and manage data
reporting and administrative support for a growing fast-paced team.
Additionally, the Sr. SSDM will have increased responsibility in
the areas of complex data projects, technology initiatives, program
processes, and training and development of Student Services and
Data Managers and other co-op team members. This position will
collaborate closely with the team's Data Strategy Lead to
coordinate efforts in these areas. Additionally, they will
interface seamlessly between colleagues, students, employer
partners, and leadership to ensure the success of the co-op
The Senior Student Services and Data Manager will focus in three
Complex Project Support & Senior Level
- Complete complex data-related projects requested by the
Assistant Dean and Director in support of College and University
goals and initiatives.
- Support College of Engineering Departmental Co-op group and the
individual's direct team with data analysis and reporting across
platforms and databases.
- Serve as a lead on any new computer/data/software initiatives
and/or transitions (Symplicity, Tableau, Navigate,
- Develop and organize technology-related training manuals and
educational materials for COE co-op faculty and staff.
- Lead efforts to document processes and procedures to ensure
seamless continuity of program operations during periods of
- Liaise regularly with university Information Technology Systems
(ITS) group and the Registrar's office on behalf of the COE co-op
and disseminate information.
- Oversee the development of business processes to ensure
efficient and effective workflows of Sr. SSDM, SSDM, and
administrative staff tasks.
Data and Operations Support:
- Assist with evaluating student hiring, events, and progress to
University goals and initiatives by,
- Developing advanced reports, sometimes from multiple data
- Creating and disseminating forms and surveys to collect
- Analyzing, summarizing, and/or visualizing data/information
through Google Apps, Excel, Tableau, and other applications
- Coordinate efforts to uphold the completeness and integrity of
data in various co-op systems; serve as liaison with university
Information Technology Systems (ITS) group.
- Maintain relevant student and co-op databases including Banner,
Salesforce, Symplicity, and Navigate.
- Develop an understanding of data storage at Northeastern and
apply knowledge to fulfill reporting needs efficiently and
- Create and administer student and employer surveys.
- Support Employer Communications and Social Media Committee to
update/manage content on co-op websites.
- Develop communication materials and manage distribution of
timelines, reminders, events and surveys for employers and
Student & Employer Support:
- Assist with preparation of co-op class materials; provide
support for Canvas or other course administration software and
course enrollment activities.
- Review and comment on student guided inquiries, updating Co-op
Coordinators; review status of responses and send reminders as
- Review employer evaluations and student self-assessments of the
student co-op work experience.
- Lead and/or assist with organization of co-op related events
and on-campus employer interviews.
- Conduct industry research on companies and opportunities that
align with the college's job development efforts.
The Sr. Student Services and Data Manager may be re-allocated to
different teams within COE Departmental co-op depending upon
Bachelor's degree required, with interest in pursuing an advanced
degree program related to data science or data analytics preferred.
Candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant
professional experience in an academic or business environment.
Must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills,
including attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple
projects and complete tasks for numerous people. Successful
candidate enjoys problem solving and be very good at
troubleshooting. A high level of proficiency with technology
including Excel (complex formulas and logic), basic knowledge of
SQL is a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
are expected with proven success working both independently and as
a member of a team in a fast-paced and diverse environment is
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507314