Library Systems Administrator
The Pratt Institute Libraries seek an experienced,
service-oriented, and collaborative team member to manage the
libraries' technology infrastructure. This position collaborates
with key staff members across Library departments and engages
directly in the creation of a dynamic and innovative information
ecosystem that services and anticipates the needs of a diverse
community of students, faculty and researchers. To this end, the
Library Systems Administrator will be responsible for the
development, design, installation, maintenance, security, and
coordination of the libraries' 24/7 mission-critical systems and
networks. This includes library servers, computers, web-based
applications, peripheral support, and administrative functions.
This position is embedded in the Technical Services Department
(TSD) which is primarily responsible for the acquisition,
discovery, and access of library resources.
The Pratt Institute Libraries support the research and education of
approximately 4,800 undergraduate and graduate students across
campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan. The Libraries provide research
support to students, faculty, staff, and visiting scholars pursuing
teaching and learning in areas of art, design, architecture,
information studies, writing, and other fields of academic inquiry
and creative work.
Key Essential Duties Include the following:
Computer and Hardware Support
- Supports existing library systems including but not limited to:
integrated library system, Libraries' website, web-based
applications, discovery services, climate tracking software, proxy
services, and plays a key role in advancing digital preservation
- Performs regularly scheduled operations, such as backups, log
analysis, software audits, and security checks.
- Performs installation, maintenance, upgrades, and
troubleshooting for all library systems, including the integrated
library system and websites.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation of systems
configuration, maintenance and routines.
Administrative and Other Responsibilities
- Provides orientation and ongoing support to Libraries' staff in
use of computer hardware and software and telephone equipment, and
creates step-by-step documentation as needed.
- Manages the Libraries' staff and public workstations.
- Investigates, tests, resolves issues, and performs maintenance
and systems upgrades on all library servers, computers, printers,
- Works with the Head of Technical Services and stakeholders
across the Libraries to prepare libraries' short and long range
technology plans and budgets, and participates in the purchasing
- Manages department-wide replacement and upgrade plan for
hardware and software, maintaining appropriate inventories as
- Researches and keeps up to date with new technologies and
expectations for growth and expansion of services, identifying and
communicating with vendors as necessary.
- Keeps current with developing library technology, best
practices, and emerging trends.
- Participates in Library and Institute-wide related projects and
committees and staffing Libraries' public service points as
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
$76,385 + Benefits
To apply, please visit: https://apply.interfolio.com/91089
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in
hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion
or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital
or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits
of a diverse workforce.