University of Idaho
Assistant Director, Communications
$41,288 or higher depending on education and
Within the Athletics Department, the Assistant Director of
Communications reports to the Assistant Athletics Director for
Communications and is responsible for all communications, media
relations and publicity activities for their assigned sports on
behalf of the Intercollegiate Athletics Department. The position is
expected to provide and maximize positive exposure of the
University of Idaho, its athletics programs, events,
student-athletes, coaches and staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field; four
additional years of experience may substitute for a bachelor’s
degree. • One year of work in communications or marketing.
• Experience working in collegiate athletics.
• Diverse experience working directly with coaching staffs and
• Strong writer and copy editor.
• Experience with video production and graphic design in Adobe
• Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
regarding compliance issues.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative