Administrative Assistant II - Allied Health
See Position Description
Indian Valley Campus (Novato), CA
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: August 16,
2021OPEN UNTIL FILLED This is
a part-time position
All application materials must be received by the Priority
Screening Date in order to be considered during the initial
screening. Applications received after this date may be considered
thereafter at the discretion of the college until the position is
filled. This position performs its duties on both the
Kentfield and Indian Valley (Novato) campuses, so if not already
residing within the Bay Area, the successful candidate must be
willing to relocate.
Due to COVID-19, applicants should be prepared that if
selected to interview for a position at the College, all interviews
will be held remotely. Diversity
College of Marin strives to embrace diversity in all forms: it
strives to be an Inclusive community that fosters an open,
enlightened and productive environment and demonstrates sensitivity
to and respect for a diverse population.
COM serves a county population of approximately 250,000 residents.
Based on 2019-2020 academic year credit enrollment data, the
diversity of students at the college includes greater
representation than the county with regards to enrollment by
Hispanic/Latino (30% of enrollment), Asian (8%), Black/African
American (3%), and Multi-racial (6%) students.
College of Marin does not discriminate in employment on the basis
of, or perception of, race, ethnic group identification, ancestry,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
physical disability, mental disability, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy,
genetic information, family and medical care leave, military or
veteran status, or prior record of arrest or conviction, and is
subject to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Civil Rights Act of
1991, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Section 504 of
the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. In accordance with Executive order
11246 (as amended), the College of Marin is an Equal Opportunity
direction of the Program Administrator for Allied Health, perform a
variety of clerical and administrative duties to support allied
health and related career education programs and projects. This
position initiates, implements, and coordinates office procedures
and timelines to provide support for an programs, an office or the
department. Public contact is extensive, and involves College and
District staff, faculty, students, vendors, other educational
institutions, business and community representatives, regulatory
agencies, and governmental agencies for the purpose of exchanging
policy and procedural information. A moderate degree of independent
judgment and creativity are required to resolve many minor and
occasional major problems that arise, by selecting from among
alternative procedures that are available.
The duties below are representative of the duties of the
classification and are not intended to cover all of the duties
performed by the incumbent(s) of any particular position. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a
logical assignment to this classification.
- Serve as the primary administrative assistant for EMT, Dental,
Medical Assisting and related allied health programs and projects;
provide public relations and communication services; receive,
screen and route telephone calls; take, retrieve and relay messages
as needed; schedule and arrange appointments, conferences, meetings
and other events.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, appointments and conferences;
compile and prepare agenda items and other required information and
materials for meetings and other events; arrange facilities,
services and equipment as needed; take, transcribe and distribute
minutes as needed. Maintain appointment and activity schedules and
calendars; reserve facilities for meetings and other events as
- Exchanges information with college staff regarding program
services, operating policies, and procedures. Screens calls,
visitors, and electronic inquiries to provide policy and procedural
information and/or to take messages and make appropriate referrals.
Liaise and coordinate communications and information between staff,
administrators and others as assigned; establish, maintain and
develop partnerships with outside agencies in support of assigned
services and activities as required.
- Interface with visitors, such as administrators, faculty,
Department Chair, staff, students and the public; respond to
inquiries and provide information and assistance related to program
or department operations, services, activities, standards,
processes, timelines, policies and procedures. Provide support for
student onboarding experience(s) by facilitating and managing
application and onboarding processes with students and clinical
facilities; ensure accurate record keeping and manage related
- Compose and compile, independently or from oral instructions
notes or rough drafts, a variety of materials such as: inter-office
communications, forms, letters, memos, agendas, reports,
newsletters, flyers, applications, notices, bulletins, course
outlines, brochures, proposals, website and other related
- Research, compile and verify a variety of data and information;
compute statistical information for various reports as necessary;
process a variety of forms, applications and paperwork; duplicate,
assemble, distribute, collect and verify accuracy and completeness
of various documents.
- Compile information and prepare and maintain a variety of
narrative and statistical records and reports related to programs,
projects, students, financial activity and assigned duties;
establish and maintain filing systems; prepare and process State
mandated reports as assigned.
- Input and update data in an assigned computer system; establish
and maintain automated records and files; initiate queries, develop
spreadsheets, forms and reports as requested; assure accuracy of
input and output data.
- Receive, sort and distribute departmental mail, departmental
box items, e-mail, packages and materials as required; compose
replies independently as assigned; contact others to request
documents as needed; prepare outgoing mail and materials for
- Perform clerical accounting duties as required; calculate,
prepare, verify, and revise accounting and budgetary data; process
and update accounts with income and expenditures; collect, receive
and account for various fees and monies as assigned; prepare and
follow up related billings.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a calculator,
copier, fax machine, computer and assigned software, specifically
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and related software.
- Assist in the intake of new hourly employees or student
workers; ensure paperwork is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Monitor inventory levels of office and designated supplies;
order, receive and maintain appropriate levels of inventory;
process requisitions according to established procedures. Monitor
budgets and related expenditures; assist in assuring expenditures
to do not exceed established budget limitations as assigned.
- Train and provide work direction and guidance to student
assistants as assigned; provide input concerning the selection of
employees as needed.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Requirements & Desirables
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (Desirable Attributes
- An Associate's and/or Vocational School degree with study in
job related area and two (2) years of related experience;
- Any combination of education and training equivalent to two (2)
years of college-level coursework from an accredited institution in
a related field and two (2) years of responsible experience working
in higher education; and
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse
socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds disabilities and
learning styles of
community college students and staff.
- Office organizational procedures, including workflow, current
office equipment, supplies, file systems, computer applications
- Record-keeping and filing techniques including experience with
Microsoft Office Suite and web-based content management
- Familiarity with Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting and/or
EMT/Fire related fields
- Business letter and report writing, editing and
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and
- Principles and practices of information technology
- Operation of switchboard Interpersonal skills using tact,
patience and courtesy
- Operation of a computer and assigned software
- Oral and written communication skills
- Methods of collecting and organizing data and information
- Mathematical calculations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external
- Skillfully, respectfully interact with people who are diverse
in their academic, socioeconomic, cultural, physical ability,
gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties to
support administrative and clerical details.
- Coordinate flow of communications, correspondence and
information Assure smooth and efficient office operations.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently or
from oral instructions Perform a variety of clerical accounting
duties in support of assigned activities.
- Type or input data at an acceptable rate of speed
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; answer
telephones and greet the public courteously
- Multi-task and complete work with many interruptions.
- Compile and verify data and prepare reports Maintain a variety
of records, logs and files
- Utilize a computer to input data, maintain automated records
and generate computerized reports
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Establish and follow timelines to consistently meet
- Work independently
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide with speed and accuracy
Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to
complete the following:
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof
of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- COVID-19 Vaccination Status: All employees new to the District
who access campuses or other District facilities, and/or
participate in off-site work in-person for the District, must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19, prior to employment unless
approved as exempt due to verified medical or religious reasons (as
defined in federal or state laws and regulations).
- California Education Code, Section 87408.6 requires persons
employed by a community college in an academic or classified
position to submit to a TB risk assessment developed by CDPH and
CTCA and, if risk factors are present, an examination to determine
that he or she is free of infectious TB; initially upon hire and
every four years thereafter.
- DISASTER SERVICE WORKERS: All Marin Community College District
(MCCD) employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through
state and local law (California
Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the MCCD
requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect.
Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service
Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as
ordered in the event of an emergency. For more information, please
see the MCCD
Emergency Operations Plan.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Marin Community
College District may be disqualified from consideration should
their conviction history not meet the standards established under
the California Education Code.
The following documents must be attached to your application in
order to render it complete. Use the Attachment Type indicated in
parentheses when making your attachments.
- Cover Letter (cover letter)
- Resume (resume)
- Transcript conferring Associate's degree or showing whatever
coursework you have
- completed, if applicable (transcript)
- STATEMENT: Please provide a response to the following prompt
(one page maximum):
College of Marin's commitment to educational excellence is rooted
in providing equitable opportunities and fostering success for all
members of our diverse community. Practices and outcomes related to
diversity and inclusion are vital measures of institutional
excellence. How would you contribute to College of Marin's effort
of enhancing diversity in a meaningful way?
Supplemental & Salary Information
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Seeing to read a variety of materials
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally
- Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 15% walking and 15%
- Office environment
- Constant interruptions
Indian Valley Campus in Novato, CA
.57 - Part-time
Months per Year:
Monday - Friday
~ 22 Hours per Week
*schedule to be determined upon hire.
Starting Salary Range:
$29.45 - $32.49 per hour
(Step 1 - 3). Normal entering step is Step 1.
Please refer to our Human
website for more information on salary
Employees in classifications represented by the California
School Employees' Association (CSEA)
Chapter 196. CSEA
employees are also members of the California Public Employees
Retirement System (CalPERS), to which the member contributes up to
7% of their reportable compensation on a monthly basis.
information regarding rights and responsibilities under the
Agreement can be found in the Collective Bargaining Agreements
section of our Human Resources
Applications must include the documents listed in the Required
Documents section to be rendered complete; incomplete applications
will not be accepted. Screening will begin after the priority
screening date. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted
to schedule an interview appointment with the screening committee;
however, applicants will be notified of their status, either way,
following the screening. Regrettably, College of Marin is not able
to offer reimbursement for travel to interviews at this time.
To apply: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/collegeofmarin/jobs/3119137/administrative-assistant-ii-allied-health?pagetype=promotionalJobs