CHWS Bookkeeper & Medical Records Specialist
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full time
Location: Counseling Health Wellnss Svcs
Manage electronic health records (EHR). Provide technical support
to staff. Manage departmental invoices, student payments, and
monitor the budget in collaboration with the CHWS director. Provide
front and back office support.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Collect payment for services and communicate outstanding bills
• Post weekly revenue reports to the university's financial
• Prepare monthly and annual budget statements.
• Reconcile staff P-Cards.
• Write disbursements for non P-Card charges, including payments to
• Order office supplies, furniture, and computer parts or
• Monitor professional development funds and providers' licensure
• Review lab and medication charges on a regular basis.
• Primary in-house trainer and support for Electronic Health
Records (EHR) functioning.
• Create and maintain/update manual for each position within CHWS
relating to the EHR system.
• Build additional EHR modules and modify existing parts.
• Generate statistical reports for quality management.
• Store immunization data and manage university registration holds
for those not in compliance.
• Communicate with students about portal changes.
• Coordinate computer upgrades and solve phone or tech issues with
• Support medical and psychology staff.
• Answer phones, greet visitors, and respond to inquiries from
students, staff, faculty, and community members.
• Screen patients/clients to ensure appropriate, timely
• Consult nurse, medical, or psychology staff to triage
• Prepare and maintain patient/client records.
• Provide patient/client check-in and check-out.
• Provide clerical assistance with computer projects, flyers,
posters, announcements, and patient/client outcome surveys.
• Respond to requests for records.
• Co-manage office mail distribution.
• Coordinate interdepartmental projects, including work with
Registrar, Academic Advising, Student •Accessibilities and
Accommodations, as well as Student Affairs.
The Bookkeeper works closely with the Director of CHWS to ensure
that funds are being spent appropriately. Reports on revenue and
expenses to the Dean of Students designee and Finance. Prepares
disbursements for contracted personnel and reconciles P-Card
• Bachelor's degree and one year related experience, or the
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Accounting/ Bookkeeping training and experience.
• Significant skill and comfort problem solving with
• Ability to screen and schedule medical and mental health
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, and
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of medical/counseling
records and contacts.
• Work effectively with diverse populations.
• Word processing and spreadsheet experience (e.g. Word and
• Possess knowledge of office/business technology including set-up
and minor maintenance (EHR experience preferred).
• Commitment to equal opportunity/affirmative action and to
creating and sustaining an environment supporting full inclusion
for a diverse student population.
• Willing to work varied hours as needed.
• Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership
within a diverse campus community.
• Experience working in a medical clinic
• Experience working with electronic medical records such as
• Training or experience in medical scheduling.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are
made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's
education and experience and on internal equity and market
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin
immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a
sufficient number of qualified candidates have been
• Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of
a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug
screen, physical test and functional assessment.
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we
share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who
work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of
and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as
a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the
diversity of all parts of our University community through
commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts;
to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all
members of our campus community.
We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports
diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach
and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and
supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought,
perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To
learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity