Business Administrator II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
IT Business Services
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Business Administrator II position, under the general
supervision the Director of Business Services, manages a full range
of business activities including reviewing and approving
accounting, budgeting, purchasing, and personal documents in the
fiscal oversight for the Information Technology Division and serves
as controller for assigned departments. The Information Technology
Division has approximately 80 employees, an annual budget of $25
million allocated over 28 departments/sub‐departments, and 61
Financial Account Management:
- Prepare and distribute periodic financial status and projection
reports for assigned Information Technology (IT) departments, e.g.
spend v budget, income/expense, etc.
- Analyze financial data for assigned IT departments to generate
key statistics and answer ad hoc inquiries, e.g. audit responses,
IT spend per student.
- Compare financial statistics against various benchmarks, e.g.
other institutions of higher education, and makes recommendations
for improvements periodically
- Develop and recommend year‐end fiscal year close‐out activities
to maximize utilization of and minimize lapse of division
- Assist in the preparation of long‐range revenue and expenditure
forecasting, e.g. three‐year and five‐year analyses, rate analyses,
surveys, and replacement cost studies
- Assist with data collection and preparation of monthly/annual
reports and the timely completion of routine surveys for assigned
IT departments, e.g., division presentations, quarterly budget
reviews, Educause Core Data Surveys, IRDR survey etc.
- Prepare budget development, budget management, budget requests,
and fiscal requests for assigned IT departments
- Monitor, analyze, reconcile assigned IT departmental accounts.
Approve account reconciliations prepared by other business
- Prepare, track, and approve adjusting/correcting budget and
expenditure transactions to reallocate budgeted funds required
based upon spending
- Identify and recommend funding sources for unplanned purchases,
proposed positions, and contracts
- Prepare and track documents (such as financial system access
and approval authorization forms, department budget requests,
departmental correction requests, journal entries, etc.) to
reallocate budgeted funds as required based upon spending for
assigned IT departments.
- Review assigned IT departmental expense reports, procurement
card charges, travel reports, and purchase orders to ensure proper
- Create and maintain workload status reports.
- Serve as an approver of vouchers and requisitions
- Develop, revise, and maintain cash management procedures for
the department and monitor activities for compliance
- Perform procurement for the assigned university and IT
- Review requests for purchases for appropriate procurement
method according to university guidelines and best practices.
- Assist in the review of contract bid quotes for accuracy and
compliance to university guidelines.
- Assist in the review and compare available cooperative
contracts/service agreements for best buy for assigned IT
departments based on contract owners and custodians needs,
preferences, and determinations.
- Ensure new contracts for assigned IT departments are processed
correctly and timely through contract and purchasing systems
including the creation of related purchase requests
- Assist in ensuring all contracts have terms compliant to
university requirements and IT Division preferences.
- Assist in ensuring all contracts have been approved by
appropriate IT Division personnel.
- Coordinate with Contracting and Purchasing Sections.
- Monitor contracted licenses/services and initiate renewal
process to ensure no lapse in service.
- Calculate estimated annual true‐up costs for software licenses
and hardware maintenance.
- Backup the other Business Coordinator positions in preparation
of purchase requisitions, procurement card reconciliations, payment
processing, renewal notifications, and updating contract
record/renewals automated database tracking system.
- Assist with the fiscal agent duties for the Texas Connection
Consortium (TCC) master contract and related TCC member contracts
to include the review of contract purchase orders submitted by TCC
members for fiscal compliance to the master contract.
- Prepare interagency/intra‐system contracts for approximately 40
TCC member institutions
- Perform accounts receivable duties related to the TCC master
contract including the creation and submission of preliminary
annual maintenance billings to TCC members, the preparation of
invoices to TCC members for approved contract purchases, monitoring
daily deposits, and initiating collections for aged accounts
receivables for past due TCC member invoices.
- Prepare and submit Extended Credit certification/reports to
Accounting Services Section.
- Perform accounts payable duties related to the TCC master
contract including the resolution of billing discrepancies with the
vendor and TCC member and creation vendor payment vouchers
- Prepare financial analyses for TCC member contract purchases,
cancellations, annual maintenance costs, TCC member contract
amounts, and reconciliations to vendor detailed annual billing
- Prepare financial statements for the TCC Board.
- Prepare maintenance cancellation notices to vendor as requested
by TCC members. Position Management:
- Serve as Human Resources Coordinator and Timekeeper for the
Information Technology Division.
- Maintain position management control for the Information
Technology Division by ensuring all positions are approved and
funded by creating personnel schedules for budget development and
position review forms for subsequent position change requests.
- Prepare position analyses., review position restriction and
worker position costing allocations for accurate funding
assignments, track vacancies, headcounts and full‐time equivalents
- Hires, trains and supervises Business Coordinator I and student
workers assigned to the section
- Serves as office manager delegate/department head in the
absence of the Director of Business Services
- Create travel authorization and expense reports for staff of
assigned IT departments
- Serve as liaison for financial, purchasing and contract units
for assigned IT departments
- Coordinate and interact with other fiscal units and departments
to complete other business duties as assigned.
- Assist in the training of Information Technology Division staff
for their responsible department related to budget, financial
status, purchasing methods, processes, and systems. ● Create and
maintain procedures for all duties assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, or closely related field or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Six (6) years of related experience in accounting, billing,
collections, financial forecasts, contract management, and/or
- Additional education/experience may be used as a substitution
for the minimum requirements.
- High School Diploma & ten years of experience
- Associate's Degree & eight years of experience
- Bachelor's degree & six years of experience
- Master's Degree & four years of experience
- Experience in reviewing contracts with financial terms and
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge and ability to process billings, invoices, purchasing
and contract modifications or amendments.
- Ability to compile and accurately interpret data
- Ability to make independent judgments under limited
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal)
skills to be able to multitask and work cooperatively with
- Experience in developing and monitoring departmental budgets in
higher education or state government.
- Experience in contracting or purchasing position in state
- Experience in reviewing contracts with financial terms and
- Certified in Texas Contract Development and/or Certified in
Texas Contact Management.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Business-Administrator-II_R-040288-1