The Marketing Strategist position requires an individual with
the ability to assist campus partners in defining and achieving
objectives and outcomes that reinforce the University’s Focus on
the Future strategic plan, both internally and externally.
- Interfacing with campus partners to clearly understand their
objectives and outcomes, recommending appropriate tactics within
the budget allotted, and managing the project through
- Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing Strategy,
directing the production of print, electronic, video and web-based
communications to support assigned project requests in conjunction
with individuals and offices throughout campus. This includes
copywriting and collaborating on creative concepts.
- Maintaining overall consistency in marketing messages with a
focus on aligning campus partner goals with institutional
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities Marketing and
- Act as liaison between the Office Marketing and Brand Strategy
and assigned University colleges and departments for marketing and
- Formulate tactics to help University clients achieve objectives
- Consult with and advise campus partners regarding project and
program objectives and outcomes, and how this integrates with
larger University goals and complements other programs.
- Work collaboratively with web developers, graphic designers,
photographers, videographers, writers, social media team and
- Recommend methods within the allotted budget to meet those
needs while advancing the University’s mission.
- Implement the proposed methods.
- Direct projects while meeting multiple deadlines that result in
client satisfaction, maintaining quality control and consistent
standards, conveying clearly the University’s image.
- Create compelling marketing copy across multiple mediums that
clearly communicates client and University objectives in a manner
that appeals to defined audiences. This includes persuasive email
copy and subject lines, clear and concise website copy, and
messages for digital screens, social media and other platforms
across campus. Evaluate copy against University and Associated
Press standards and ensure copy this is free of grammar and style
- Assist in planning and coordinating special events and other
public events on and off campus, both in-person and virtual.
Collaborate with event team on event format and messaging; work
with creative team and outreach team within Marketing and Brand
Strategy to brand and promote the event through internal and
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong knowledge of AP style and proper grammar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled multitasker with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work with various constituency groups
- Ability to recommend appropriate marketing tactics for desires
goals and outcomes
- Broad understanding of marketing and communications
- Familiarity and proven abilities with various media options
including print production and electronic methods, particularly
- Strong copywriting skills with knowledge of AP style;
- Collaborative work style;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to meet timely and crucial deadlines;
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Must have initiative, creativity and decisiveness
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be
required to upload a written response to the diversity and
inclusion question listed below. The Diversity
Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with
1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion
into your current or a previous position?
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing,
advertising or communications-related field. Successful
candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of
The following experience is required:
- 3 or more years of marketing and project management experience,
including experience building strategic marketing and
- 3 or more years of demonstrated writing experience across all
communication channels, including websites, email marketing, social
media and print marketing materials
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative
Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and
experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: August 27, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position
visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or
contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU.
AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green
State University, please call 419-372-8421.