Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Coordinator of Marketing and Promotions
Serve as coordinator of marketing for the nationally recognized
men’s and women’s ice hockey programs while assisting in all other
aspects of the Providence College Athletic Department, including
the marketing of men’s and women’s basketball, as well as Olympic
1. Develop and implement marketing plans and promotional programs
that will increase overall attendance, revenue, and exposure for
the top tier men’s and women’s hockey programs. Oversee and direct
game presentation efforts, including in-game promotions, fan
giveaways, game atmosphere, videoboard operations, PA announcer,
and direction of graduate assistants, students, and volunteers for
assigned sports. Maintain regular communication with coaching staff
and department staff members in formulating the marketing plan for
assigned sports. Manage PINK OUT Friartown, the athletic
department’s efforts to raise breast cancer awareness at all
2. In conjunction with the Friar Ticket Office, develop strategies
to focus on selling tickets to men’s ice hockey games/events and
further promote the women’s ice hockey program. Collaborate with
the Friar Ticket Office managers on establishing new and innovative
concepts/ideas for the ticket office to implement. Oversee email
marketing and social media efforts, including creative production,
content development, and scheduling for assigned sports.
3. Create and implement student marketing strategies in an effort
to increase attendance at all Providence College athletic events.
Advise student leadership groups, the Friar Fanatics, and work to
increase school spirit and student engagement at all athletic
events. Work with Student Affairs and various campus contacts to
engage the student community and enhance student support at all
athletic events, including but not limited to, student tailgates,
pregame gatherings, fan buses, dorm storms, food distribution,
giveaways, etc. Organize special student events including but not
limited to, orientation and Accepted Students Day.
4. Assist the Assistant AD in the development, management, and
allocation of the athletic marketing budget, with a strong focus on
the men’s ice hockey promotional budget.
5. Organize and execute a strategic plan for the Friars Kids Club.
Maintain and grow Kids Club membership. Collaborate with the SAAC
Executive Board to increase student athletic involvement. Oversee
waivers and liability of children in the club.
6. Identify new and emerging industry trends, research and
implement new advertising and promotional opportunities. Attend
conferences and conventions when necessary.
1. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in marketing or a related field from
an accredited institution required
• Two years’ experience in an athletic marketing role or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as
skills in working independently
• Proven organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize
and complete assignments
• Ability to receive constructive feedback on a regular basis
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic
origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide
occupational qualification, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or
genetic information. The College will develop,
and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and
will insist on a good-faith effort on the
part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will
request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter