Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Provide secretarial and general support to the Dean, Associate
Deans, and the Administrative Coordinator in the School of Arts
- Manage all aspects of social media for the School of Arts &
Science to include Facebook and Instagram postings, create poster
to advertise events, create and distribute campus-wide including
curating images from events that relate to the School. Oversee
department web page, including attending trainings to keep abreast
of technology and software changes.
- In conjunction with the Administrative Coordinator and the
Associate Dean, manage event preparations for several events
throughout the year (i.e., Deans’ Gatherings, Summer Scholar
Presentations, Post-Sabbatical Talks, Chairs/Director meetings,
etc.). Secure room reservations utilizing 25LivePro, plan meals
and/or refreshments for events, etc.
- Provide support to the Core Curriculum Committee ( CCC )
including data organization, facilitation of Sakai page,
preparation of meetings, minutes, and communication with the head
of CCC and its members.
- Track and manage the Summer Scholars Program, the Walsh Grant
Applications, and post-sabbatical and pre-tenure leave
- In conjunction with the Administrative Coordinator, coordinate
calendars for meeting attendance, reserve/schedule meeting rooms,
and make arrangements for equipment, seating, and
- Provide limited support as available to programs with the
School that are without full-time support staff.
- Schedule Chair and Director meetings, track attendance at
meetings, and prepare the meeting minutes.
- In conjunction with the Administrative Coordinator, triage
phone calls, maintain departmental files, and order supplies via
Sodexo and WB Mason.
- Perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions on
addition machines/calculators, operate and perform basic
troubleshooting for fax and copy machines, such as removing jammed
paper, adding toner, and calling for service and supplies.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Three to five years of related experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience, with two to five years’
professional employment in an administrative support position
- Strong technological and computer experience are essential
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft applications and
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and to
prioritize assignments while managing multiple tasks
- Experience in higher education preferred
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- How many years of experience do you have working in an office
- Cover Letter