Dawson Technical Institute - 3901, S State St
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Health and Benefits, a
Benefits Analyst is responsible for working on various
projects to enhance and support service delivery, administration,
communication and vendor management of City College of Chicago’s
(CCC) health and benefits programs.
The Benefits Analyst works closely with the Executive
Director to help identify opportunities for department improvement,
working to improve current business processes as necessary to
ensure data integrity and to improve the efficiency of benefits
administration. Utilizes expertise with PeopleSoft HCM Benefits
modules to recommend solutions and system enhancements. Performs
related duties as required.
• Works closely with the Executive Director in creating and
updating processes to ensure efficient communication and completion
of health and benefit plan administration, including annual
benefits open enrollment, new hire processing, family status
updates, terminations and retirements, and other ongoing events as
• Coordinates with other departments to ensure accuracy of billing
and account drawdowns.
• Produces and analyzes reports and data to ensure cost-efficient
administration of CCC’s employee benefits programs.
• Generates system reports using PS HCM Benefits modules to
complete life, disability, and critical illness self-billing and to
audit health and dental bills.
• Reviews and processes vendor payments ensuring correct billing
and payment timeliness.
• Conducts audits of active and retiree data, generating PS system
reports, analyzing data and making needed corrections.
• Presents employee benefits program to new employees during New
• Produces and distributes New Hire Event kits.
• Reviews, analyzes and develops procedures for handling system
notifications for changes in service dates, birth dates, etc. and
to determine and process any necessary benefit changes.
• Serves as a member of the Open Enrollment team, assisting with
communications, testing and attending enrollment meetings.
• Serves as a back-up for Benefits Specialists.
Reports To: Executive Director – Health and Benefits
Direct Supervision: None
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Human Resources or a related field with five to seven years of
experience in employee benefits OR a Master’s degree from an
accredited college or university in Human Resources or a related
field with one to two years of experience in employee
• Experience with PeopleSoft HCM or other enterprise system
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work with a culturally diverse environment
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel,
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.