COMPUTER LAB TECHNICIAN - PART TIME
Olive-Harvey College is seeking a part-time Computer Lab
Technician. This position is responsible for developing,
maintaining, monitoring and installing the college computer
equipment; will provide information and data to support the
Olive-Harvey College in the enhancement of hardware and
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inventory, repair, install and monitor the equipment used for
- Compile and analyze data regarding use, repair, installation
and modification of hardware systems.
- Computer and equipment deployment, setup, imaging and
- Prepare reports, charts, procedural and training manuals, and
narrative for computerized services as directed by the
- Establish key linkages and processes for evaluation of all
aspects of the hardware and software.
- Assist with the establishment, training, and interfacing of the
network with computerized services and other management information
- Demonstrate software applications, and keyboarding and computer
techniques to students.
- Assists teachers by monitoring computer labs, maintaining order
and discipline among students, recommending selection of
appropriate software for class use, instructing teachers in the use
of computers and software, and providing general assistance as
- Operates computer lab and office equipment such as a computer,
printer, and copier; uses various types of software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- College-level course work in computer science, business
administration, accounting, mathematics, or industrial engineering
- Two years of recent experience in hardware, troubleshooting and
diagnostics, application installation and configurations.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!