Student Engagement Specialist
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Student Engagement
Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
campus-based student engagement programs. Collaborate with other
Student Engagement Specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and implementation of student programs and
- Provide program support through product ordering, budget
reconciliation, tracking purchases, and contract negotiations.
- Track finances for student organizations.
- Identify, develop and implement methods to market Student
Engagement initiatives to increase participation through the
creation of enhanced communications to include but not limited to
writing/editing documents, publications, letters, articles,
reports, website content, and social media.
- Serve as a facilitator and/or assist in promoting, scheduling
and coordinating campus and Student Engagement
- Support daily office functions and operations including but not
limited to: student ID card production, office coverage, and
tracking lost and found.
- Assist with fitness centers and programming of
intramural/recreation sport activities.
- Interpret and implement college policies and procedures related
to student activities.
- Assist with supervision of student assistants.
- Ability to travel between campuses to support student
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. One (1)
year of experience in campus programming, student organizations,
student and enrollment services, campus residency, or related
higher education areas.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess a valid Texas
Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications (American Red
Cross, American Heart Association, or nationally recognized
certification) OR must obtain within 60 days of employment.
*Individuals hired for this position may be required to drive a
company vehicle. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) Report will be run in
conjunction with the background check during the contingent offer
stage and annually/bi-annually for the duration of employment at
Collin College. Candidates who fail the original background/MVR
report or subsequent MVR reports may not be hired and/or terminated
based on the results of the report.*
For Internal Applicants – An
associate degree and three (3) years of experience in campus
programming, student organizations, student and enrollment
services, campus residency, or related higher education areas may
be substituted to meet the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of Collin Board policies, college district
procedures, Student Code of Conduct and public relations
- Knowledge of campus and college district resources
- Knowledge of SAFAC funding
- Knowledge of OrgSync and student organization procedures
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Mentoring skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Budgetary skills
- Ability to stay current on higher education programs, trends
- Ability to perform at a high level of creativity and
adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of
- Ability to coordinate and delegate responsibilities
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to
20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching,
and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental
conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be
subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $36,368.00 - 41,823.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or