Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work,
learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great
College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty,
staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that
is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests
of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go
in your career, you can get there from here!
The Continuing Education Department of HCC is seeking a
Coordinator of Personal Enrichment and 60+ Programs to lead and
coordinate management and delivery of non-credit Personal
Enrichment, 60+, and Custom Class courses. Develop and evaluate
course offerings to maintain and expand the program as appropriate.
Hire and supervise program staff. Generate FTE and net revenue for
the division. Create and manage program budgets. Serve as a Kids on
Campus program administrator. Support community development
programs as needed. Assist the division with special projects.
This position will report on site daily and is expected to work
on campus to support on campus learning.
- Operate and oversee Personal Enrichment, 60+, and Custom Class
- Develop, implement, and evaluate program courses and pricing to
generate revenue and FTE.
- Collaborate with various college departments to ensure program
success and expansion as appropriate.
- Develop and oversee program budgets as cost center manager such
that the overall program consistently generates revenue above and
- Provide financial information and cost analysis on areas of
- Administer the production of the non-credit brochures by
scheduling courses, faculty and facilities for Personal Enrichment
and 60+ programs.
- Proof Personal Enrichment and Community Development
- Coordinate the location of appropriate instructional space,
both on and off campus.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements, form partnerships, and
determine pricing structures that will support revenue for all
program expenses as well as an adequate and appropriate operating
margin for programs, courses and services.
- Recruit interview, select, and evaluate instructors for program
- Serve as primary point of contact for instructors and provide
an orientation for new instructors.
- Prepare and submit CC-10's for program courses designated.
- Prepare statistical and other reports for internal and external
- Serve as point-of-contact to insure customer satisfaction by
answering inquiries and solving problems for Personal Enrichment,
60+ and other program courses.
- Assist students in making appropriate course selections for
professional and personal development.
- Delegate, supervise, and evaluate the work and activities of
the Motorcycle Safety Training Program.
- Actively market courses to various potential customers.
- Collaborate with Continuing Education marketing staff to create
program promotional pieces and market program.
- Represent programs at community events for marketing
- Analyze course evaluation (student satisfaction), enrollment
and fiscal data to determine future programming needs (course
revision, expansion, repetition, deletion, instructor assignment,
- Serve as a Kids on Campus program administrator.
- Act as back up for the Coordinator of Youth Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate and manage HCC and Laurel College Center (LCC)
courses with PGCC coordinators.
- Monitor Rider School program including staff, budget
development and course scheduling.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree (masters preferred)
- Adult classroom teaching experience (both adults and children
- Skilled in word processing, spreadsheets, and other
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing profit making budgets
- Background in course development
- Experience in event management
- Extensive experience in editing and proofreading
- Background in text selection and course requirements
- Experience in hiring, supervising, mentoring, and evaluating
- Experience in dealing with diverse audiences
- Involvement with developing and implementing marketing
- Familiarity with Continuing Education State reporting and
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions
on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of
environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm Occasional evening and weekend work
required. Vacation not permitted during Kids on Campus.
Compensation: $62,194 plus excellent medical & dental, tuition
reimbursement and paid leave
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: August 18, 2021
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension
System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which
requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a
7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do
not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension.
Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional
positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to
participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment
Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values
diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need
assistance with the job application process and/or with the
interview process. For confidential assistance with the job
application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources
at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
HCC is interested in all qualified applicants who are eligible
to work in the United States. However, HCC will generally not
sponsor applicants for work visas. Due to our telework policy, only
employees living in states contiguous to Maryland are eligible for
telework and include Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC,
Pennsylvania. While this candidate will work primarily on
campus, the telework policy is not intended to change the condition
of employment. Candidates must live in the commutable area or
willing to relocate at their own expense if offered the position
because HCC does not offer relocation benefits.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on
completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter