Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is now hiring an
Administrative Assistant at the O’Maley College of Business for the
Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Information Sciences (AEFIS)
Department and Graduate Degree Programs.
Responsibilities include the following
- Maintain AEFIS academic documents such as syllabi, course
outlines, faculty office hours, class and office hour
cancellations, course monitor lists, Campus Solutions enrollment
reports for AEFIS Department Chair, and independent course study
forms. Maintain semester records, such as address lists and
rosters. Maintain monthly college event calendar. Prepare and
maintain textbook lists and records.
- Hire and schedule student assistants, graders, and tutors for
the AEFIS Department. Directly hire and supervise student
employees, both undergraduate and graduate. Coordinate the
submission and approval of student time cards.
- Assist Business Manager and Administrative Assistants with
ordering office supplies, educational materials, forms (including
Scantron), and copy paper as needed.
- Register AEFIS faculty members for conferences and assist in
travel planning and completion of expense reports.
- Serve as office co-manager of the faculty suite with MMO
Administrative Assistant. Perform all necessary duties to keep
faculty suite running efficiently, including facilitation of
repairs to college equipment (copiers, computers, facilities,
etc.), maintaining office supplies, providing office coverage in
the Dean's suite as needed, and coordination of office
- Submit expense reports and maintain budget records for MMO
Department cost center.
- Collect, submit and maintain AEFIS Corporate Interaction
- Assessment and Accreditation support. Work with AEFIS faculty
to gather data and generate relevant reports.
- Attend AEFIS Department meetings and record minutes. Attend
Staff and College meetings when scheduled.
- Facilitate departmental events and meetings by reserving rooms,
arranging catering, and sending calendar invites.
- Assist the Dean's Administrative Assistant in event planning
for Business Leadership Council, College Retreat, Student
Employment Appreciation Week, Graduation and other College of
Business events as needed.
- Assist Academic Advisors with College events such as Campus
Showcase, Family Weekend, Open House, Etiquette Banquet, Awards
Banquet, class visitors, and Living Learning Community events.
- Assist Executive in Residence with reservations, meetings, and
- Serve on College and University committees as directed.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Provide the following support for the Aviation Business
Administration PhD program:
- Coordinate with applicants and Graduate Admissions to update
application progress through the system.
- Work with the PhD committee to schedule meetings and arrange
interviews with the applicants.
- Help with the PhD Residency including agenda, logistics, guest
speakers, poster presentations, etc.
- Respond to PhD inbox emails and telephone calls. Follow up with
applicants on their questions and provide feedback
- Facilitate creation and distribution of marketing materials
including flyers, email, and advertising for outside sources.
- Work with University IT to maintain PhD program website.
- Submit expense reports and maintain budget records for PhD cost
- Serve on O’Maley College of Business Doctorate committee and
record meeting minutes.
- Provide the following support for O’Maley College of Business
- Assist Program Coordinator with creation and distribution of
marketing materials – i.e. flyers, email, and advertising for
- Assist Dean’s Administrative Assistant and Graduate Student
Assistants with planning Master’s Program Orientations, Road Shows,
and End-of-Semester Socials.
- Assist Program Coordinator and Graduate Student Assistants with
events and meetings by reserving rooms, arrange catering, and
sending calendar invites.
- Hire graduate student assistants, graders and tutors.
- Associate's degree or completion of program of 18+ months after
- Minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Previous experience working within higher education
- To be considered, please include a resume and cover