Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
hiring an Administrative Assistant to the Dean of the College of
Arts and Sciences. Embry-Riddle's Prescott Campus is respected
worldwide for cutting-edge instruction and training for tomorrow’s
aviation, aerospace, security and intelligence leaders. Prescott is
a mile-high city and its climate reflects seasonable weather
excellent for flying. Daytime averages are 80°F in the summer and
45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above sea level, it boasts a mild
climate, clean air, pristine wilderness areas, and nearby national
forests. The university is a small, private, residential university
in the mountains of Arizona with approximately 3,500 students.
Staff/faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central
theme of our campus. It is located 100 miles north of Phoenix and
120 miles south of the Grand Canyon.
The Assistant to the Dean works with the Dean to assist with
multi-varied administrative and clerical duties of the office, and
other necessary tasks associated with the daily operation of the
College. Like all positions throughout the College, the Assistant
to the Dean supports and is an important component of the cohesive
team of students, faculty and staff serving the educational and
research mission of the College.
Reporting directly to the Dean, the Assistant to the Dean is a
primary representative of the Dean who supports the cohesiveness of
the faculty, students, and the staff, thinking proactively,
identifying and prioritizing, and addressing the needs on an
- Manages and maintains Dean’s schedule, including scheduling
travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to
appointments. Acts proactively, meets deadlines, and communicates
effectively. Facilitates internal communication, i.e., agendas,
newsletter, calendar invites, presentations. Handles all Travel
Requests for the Dean, processes Travel Authorization forms, makes
travel arrangements via Axiom, Odyssey Travel Services, online, or
via telephone for Dean, and Dept. Chairs when time allows.
- Provides high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to
the Dean and Dept. Chairs (as time allows) in a timely and
professional manner. Handles all conventional correspondence,
travel, schedules, and administrative and financial support
activities. Maintains confidentiality and discretion regarding
College business and files. Attends College Leadership Team
meetings, takes, prepares and electronically files meeting minutes.
Arranges lodging for visitors and interviewing candidates.
Processes post-travel and non-travel expense reports. Requests and
files post-travel trip reports. Works with College leadership team
in fulfilling College goals and College activities.
- Provides Budget Management support, prepares monthly reports
for analysis and review with the Dean. Examination of budget and
ongoing review of spending, annual allocation of funds, budget
transfers, journal entry changes.
- General office duties: Maintenance of all office equipment
includes ensuring all are in good, clean, working condition, using
ability to troubleshoot malfunctions of equipment, including
copiers, printers, fax machine, and breakroom appliances). Office
supplies responsibility includes anticipating office needs and
evaluating new office products. Also maintain inventory of office
supplies, equipment, toner, paper, Scantron forms, etc. Open, sort,
and distribute correspondence, including email, faxes, interoffice
mail, postal mail, and packages. Responsibility to the building
includes submitting work orders for janitorial, HVAC, plumbing,
- Supervises support staff/student workers. Hires, Supervises,
Mentors, Trains, and Terminates student office assistants. Training
includes office equipment, policies/procedures, IT access,
- Planning and Organizing College events requiring scheduling,
catering requests, facilities setup/teardown, printing, event
approval forms, etc.).
- Ensures Book Adoptions are turned in by faculty in a timely
- Processes Term Honors report from Records Office, and creates
and mails Dean’s List & Honor Roll Certificates.
- Maintains database of all employees of the College.
- Point of contact with faculty, visitors, students, parents.
Exercises discretion and confidentiality with sensitive
information. Ensures compliance with university regulations and
fiscal propriety. Abides by FERPA. Refers to APPM administrative
policies & procedures to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
- High school (or GED) level ability in spelling, grammar, basic
composition, and math.
- 8+ years’ experience as an executive assistant, personal
assistant or similar role.
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Excellent MS Office knowledge.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g.
e-calendars and copy machines).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality.