The O’Maley College of Business at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical
University, Daytona Beach is seeking applicants for Director of the
Center for Entrepreneurship – a position that includes oversight
and expansion of curricular and co-curricular educational
programming for students, staff, faculty, and members of the
community; development and stewardship of community/civic/corporate
partnerships; active participation in teaching at the nexus of
traditional and experiential learning; and active outreach to those
on campus and throughout the greater Florida entrepreneurial
ecosystem. Rank is negotiable based on experience and background.
Tenure-track or non-tenure-track appointment is also
College of Business, Daytona Beach, Florida
Anticipated Start Date:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serve as strategic thought leader and promoter of
entrepreneurship and innovation and high-growth, high-impact
- Develop student-centric programming across the different stages
of an entrepreneurship pipeline, for those not solely with ideas
and businesses to develop, but also a more general interest in
entrepreneurial thinking and mindset.
- Identify and implement cross-campus collaboration and program
- Strengthen connections to key stakeholders (e.g., founders,
alumni, donors, foundations/grantors, others in the
entrepreneurship ecosystem), to include creation and distribution
of an annual Impact Report.
- Initiate and grow partnerships with industry leaders, venture
capital investors, corporate innovators, student groups and others
to build co-curricular activities for students and faculty.
- Manage the Entrepreneurship Center program portfolio, including
program managers, program budget, and program implementation.
- Manage and promote the Entrepreneurship Center’s brand and
reputation as a Center for Excellence within the O’Maley College of
- Develop and teach graduate and undergraduate courses in
innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Apply for, secure and oversee sponsored project
- Collaborate with Tech Transfer & Research Park Initiatives
team in support of identifying, licensing and developing
- A PhD in a relevant area with teaching and research interests
related to entrepreneurship with an emphasis in technical
entrepreneurship and innovation. Preference for scholars who have a
record of interacting closely with entrepreneurs and venture
- Proven ability to plan, implement, coordinate and organize
entrepreneurial programs that engage varied constituents across
- Experience advising new ventures with a focus on high-value,
- Developed network of contacts and involvement with the local
- Record of excellent teaching and academic experience in
- Previous background in the aviation/aerospace industry is not
required but would be a plus. The successful candidate would be
expected over time to align their professional expertise with the
interests and focus on the University.
- An established record of obtaining grant funding is also
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, copy of your
current Curriculum Vitae, copy of your transcript (unofficial is
acceptable with application), and three references.