Principal Faculty Member in Physician Assistant
Elon University is currently accepting applications for
a Principal Faculty Member in Physician Assistant
Studies. Elon University, an independent university
renowned as a national model for engaged learning, is seeking a
full-time, experienced faculty member to teach in both the didactic
and clinical phases of the curriculum of the Department of
Physician Assistant Studies. The six principal faculty members
welcomed the ninth class of 38 students in January 2021. The
program received Accreditation-Continued from the Accreditation
Review Commission for the Education of the Physician Assistant
(ARC-PA) in 2016 and has been approved by the Southern Association
of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to grant the MSPAS degree. The
systems-based curriculum is 24 months with 12-month didactic and
12-month clinical phases. The PA program is part of
the Elon University School of Health Sciences, which also
includes the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program established
in 1998 and developing programs in nursing to begin in
2021. Elon offers a salary commensurate with
qualifications, an excellent benefits package and generous
o Coordinate the sequencing and delivery
of content within assigned courses in the didactic and clinical
o Coordinate the implementation of
student evaluation within these courses.
- Serve as lecturer, lab instructor, small group facilitator and
evaluator in assigned didactic and clinical phase courses. Lecture
in other courses according to subject matter expertise.
- Assist with departmental responsibilities such as proctoring
exams, grading OSCEs, interviewing admissions candidates, etc.
- Serve as Master’s Project advisor.
- Advise and provide academic counseling for students in academic
and clinical phases.
- Serve on departmental, School of Health Science, and University
committees as elected or appointed.
- Maintain a record of ongoing scholarly activity and faculty
- Assist with program self-assessment and improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Clinical site development is nota responsibility
of this position.
- Terminal degree in PA studies or related medical discipline
- Current certification by the NCCPA or an ABMS- or AOA-approved
specialty board as applicable
- Eligibility for North Carolina state licensure if applicable to
the candidate’s terminal degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with educational and office technology (e.g.,
Microsoft Office Suite)
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience required;
teaching experience strongly preferred
This is a full time 12-month faculty rank position. Faculty have
the option to engage in clinical work or scholarship one day a
week. Elon University is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes
all applicants. To learn more about Elon, please visit the
University web site
at www.elon.edu. The Department
of Physician Assistant Studies website can be found
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter,
curriculum vitae, and three (3) professional
references. Evaluation of applications will begin on August
31, 2021 and continue until the position is filled, with an
anticipated start date in December 2021.
E-mail application information and direct questions