Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University is recruiting for a Part-Time Baseball
This position will assist the Head Baseball Coach with the daily
operations of conducting a successful baseball program, including
the monitoring, and ensuring the academic success of the
student-athletes. Contract renewed on annual basis.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One
thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- 3 completed seasons of successful NCAA College Baseball
- Knowledge of baseball strategies to assist with preparation and
implementation of teaching various baseball skills.
- Knowledge and experiencing in current pitching development
theory including assessing the biomechanics of throwing,
programming, using technology to aid in the development of
- Experience in leading baseball skill development.
- Experience in monitoring academics.
- Knowledge of or experience recruiting.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Commitment to the athletic excellence of students.
- Commitment to academic excellence of students.
- Ability to work with student-athletes of diverse cultures,
racial and ethnic groups.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- NCAA Division II Coaching Experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules.
- Planning and implementing baseball camps and clinics.
Must possess a valid Driver’s License.