Northern Illinois University’s College of Business is seeking a
dynamic, articulate, and energetic leader to fill the role of
Executive Director of Innovation & Partnership Development. The
Executive Director will collaborate with internal and external
stakeholders to develop and execute mission-relevant business
strategies and foster partnerships to advance College of Business
initiatives relating to innovation and entrepreneurship.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
The Executive Director will be responsible executing
mission-relevant business strategies and fostering partnerships to
advance the College’s initiatives related to innovation and
entrepreneurship. This will include:
• Engage faculty, staff, students, and community partners through
direct interactions, lectures, workshops, and digital media.
• Design and execute programs to educate participants on the
process of starting from an idea and bringing it to market.
• Cultivate and manage partnerships to create sustainable funding
to support strategic goals in the area of innovation and
• Work with internal stakeholders to manage financial
• Collaborate on the communication and marketing of the College’s
emphasis on building an entrepreneurial mindset in students across
all colleges at NIU .
• Build and nurture a strong entrepreneurship-related business and
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Bachelor’s degree in education, business, technology, or
engineering or a related field.
2. A total of five (5) years (60 months) working in an
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Master’s degree in education, business, technology, or
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the
performance of this position.
1. Evidence of strong project management skills
2. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships
with partners and key stakeholders
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently in an unstructured
4. Demonstrated experience and comfort working with executives and
people across reporting structures
M-F 8:00-4:30 pm
Minimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly)
Hiring Rate Information
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and
internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to
Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections
of the application. Be specific on your entire work history,
including employment dates and duties for all positions
held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered
toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted
to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is
required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed
to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the
classification, including any specialty factors associated with
this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding
your application. Emails will be generated from
email@example.com and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu.
Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely
delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your
online profile be personal use, not professional/work information:
personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The
information you provide is used to make contact on search updates,
department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay
sensitive and important information in a way that protects your
privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is a
Credentials Assessment, and is based on your application materials
as submitted for this posting. If you meet the minimum required
qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on
your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the
active employment register. After the application deadline, the
names within the top three scores will be referred to the hiring
department for interview.
- Once this position has been filled, all names will be removed
from the employment register in accordance with State Universities
Civil Service System rule
- If eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points,
DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting a Honorable
Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order
to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service
- Click on
Program Director for more information including salary ranges,
typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing
Link to Department Homepage
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal
background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal
background investigation results have been received and cleared by
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political
affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional
qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and
state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to
nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Is Background Check Required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification
document form upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and
application procedures include full opportunities for applicants
with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to
anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s
disability during either the application or interview process. An
applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate
in the employment process due to a disability may request that
accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form
. For further assistance,
please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
and Education ( AAEOE ) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clery Act Information
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and
fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency
response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to
crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years.
The Annual Security Report containing security and safety
information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by
contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety
Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire
Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or
by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at
815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Have you attached transcripts to support the degree(s) you
are submitting for consideration with this posting?
- * How many years of experience you possess related to this type
- * Please provide the name of the employer and the dates of
employment where you gained this experience. Please note that this
information must be verified on an NIU application and/or résumé.
(“See Résumé” is not an acceptable response.)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you attached a copy of your DD214, DD215, NGB22, or
DD256 for consideration of Veteran's Preference Points? The copy
submitted should reflect the status of discharge in order to be
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Transcripts #2 (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Military Discharge Documents ONLY