About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where
thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibilities:
The Director of Online Curriculum and Instruction advances the
goals and objectives of curriculum and instruction and provides
leadership in the development and implementation of online learning
strategy and tactics for the college, which is inclusive of
strengthening of existing programs. The Director of Online
Curriculum and Instruction will collaborate with deans and faculty
on the exploration and implementation of cutting-edge pedagogical
approaches that enhance equity and promote student success.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction for online curriculum and
instruction. Align the direction and vision of online learning with
the college's strategic plan.
- Collaborate with faculty and other deans to set and implement
goals and metrics for online learning.
- Develop and enhance external partnerships to grow and sustain
key online learning program initiatives.
- Oversee instructional design activities and quality improvement
of related processes, including the continuous evaluation of online
- Keep current of national trends in online and blended
- Provide oversight and keep College leaders and others aware of
updates related to ICCB, the Higher Learning Commission, and other
relevant regulatory organizations.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key units across the
college, including all academic divisions, information technology,
as well as student affairs.
- Represent and provide leadership for Online Learning on college
and community committees and task forces, and serve on leadership
bodies such as Council of Deans.
- Provide consultative advice and expertise on the assessment of
- Maintain a culture that is both positive and successful. Set
high expectations and maintain accountability for student
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Master's degree with demonstrated excellence in online teaching
and curriculum development.
- Experience in budget management, planning, and assessment
- A minimum of three years of progressive leadership in an
academic environment with a minimum of 7 years in higher education
and/or the training and development space.
- Demonstrated excellence in leading collaborative projects is
required. Experience leading projects that include collaborations
with deans and faculty is highly preferred.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing college needs while
maintaining up to date skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to interact professionally, confidentially, and courteously
with a wide range of constituents from diverse backgrounds
including the Board, college Administration, faculty/staff,
students, government, and the general public.
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in leading,
coaching, mentoring, developing, and disciplining
- Extensive educational technological knowledge and abilities as
well as MS office suite.
Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit
off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office
environment and sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to
adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Vice President of
Administrative supervision is provided for the Online Instructional
Monday - Friday 8:15 am- 5:00 pm
low: $82,923 mid:$109,818 high: $136,719
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are