Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; and provide service to
the College, University and Community.
Assignments will include teaching, at both undergraduate and/or
graduate levels, as applicable. Teaching assignments may be on the
main campus or at off-campus sites within our region. Additional
duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Teach assigned courses, meet during scheduled meeting times,
respond to students outside of the class, report grades and
attendance by university deadlines. Using Canvas to some extent is
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Masters degree in Communications or related field from an
accredited institution of equivalent accreditation.
Experience teaching at the university level. Experience teaching
Public Speaking courses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.