The Head Athletic Equipment Manager plans, organizes and manages
day-to-day operations of the intercollegiate sports teams athletic
equipment and apparel program. Oversees budget development,
purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of all sports equipment and
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that
practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate
expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students
to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to
apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow
and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Other Job Duties
- Manages the daily operations of the Equipment Rooms and Storage
Facilities, ensuring each is operated in a clean, efficient, and
- Collaborates with coaches to prepare athletic equipment budget
- Purchases all athletic equipment and apparel according to
- Processes all invoices and receipts to ensure timely payment
and monitors equipment budgets.
- Implements an inventory control system to ensure accurate
recording of all purchases, repairs, maintenance, and disposal of
athletic equipment and apparel. Prepares team equipment travel bags
and uniforms for road trips.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and manages a professional and OPS
staff to assist in carrying out the goals and objectives of the
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of
policies and procedures for the Facilities and Operations
department within Athletics.
- Serves as a liaison with external vendors and partners.
- Monitors the issuance of uniforms, both home and away, to
teams, coaches, and individual athletes. Maintains accurate records
of uniform and apparel issuance.
- Assists with fitting individual athletes and management of each
team’s size charts.
- Monitors the daily maintenance of equipment, which includes
laundering and repair of uniforms, and general upkeep of equipment.
Arranges for repairs as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Compliance Office to ensure equipment
operations are in compliance with NCAA and ASUN/CCSA guidelines.
Adheres to proper recordkeeping and documentation for all equipment
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety and OSHA safety
practices are implemented, followed, and documented.
Additional Job Description
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assists, coordinates, and completes special projects as
assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Financial
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related
- Two years of full-time professional experience in a higher
education athletics department related to the position.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in
Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of inventory control principles and methods.
- Knowledge of applicable safety requirements.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines established
by professional organizations and/or governing agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals
- Ability and willingness to assume new responsibilities
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and
perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships
with both internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of
- Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing
information, guidance and motivation.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
$36,000 - $40,000 Annual
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.