AJ - Adjunct
Adjunct Instructor - Business Essentials
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Anticipated Hiring Range
Commensurate with experience
Monroe Park Campus
Adjunct - Teaching
Normal work days
Normal work hours
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the
VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Description of the Job
In response to a changing business world, the Virginia Commonwealth
University School of Business launched a strategic plan to harness
and build on strengths, ensure
continued innovation and impact, and boldly ignite a collaborative
students, faculty, staff, alumni and the business community in
Richmond and beyond.
As an Adjunct Instructor in the School of Business, you will help
support the School of Business strategic plan that focuses on
creativity in the curriculum. “Drive the future of Business through
the power of creativity.”
The Business Essentials Unit is the home of foundational courses
for undergraduate business majors and minors. The BE Unit is
recruiting applicants for adjunct instructor positions for the
* Introduction to the World of Business
* Mathematical Applications of Business & Differential
* Career and Professional Development
* Legal Environment of Business
Courses range from 1-3 credit hours per semester. The majority of
courses are taught in-person. Online and blended modalities are
available on a limited basis to meet the needs of online degree
programs. Instructors are expected to hold office hours each week,
in-person or virtually.
- Master’s degree in Business, Mathematics, and/or Juris
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching
- Experience and mastery of the topic of study you are interested
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- PhD in Business, Mathematics, or relevant field
- Demonstrated excellence teaching higher education business
- Experience teaching in-person and online
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Cover letter that includes a brief professional profile, your
area of expertise, and the course(s) for which you would like to be
- Resume or CV with business and teaching experience.
- List of 3 references, including names, titles, companies, and
email addresses and the nature of your experience with them.
- Teaching/Course evaluations, most recent, 1 academic year
All candidates must attach to this application a cover letter,
curriculum vitae or resume, and the names/contact information for
three references (as an “Other Document”).
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and
persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- If you selected 'Other' for your referral source, please
indicate where you heard about this posting? (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.'
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document