Substitute Assistant Teacher, Children's Learning Center
Internal Position Title
Children's Learning Centers
The College of Lake County is looking to add a Substitute Assistant
Teacher to the Children’s Learning Center Team. The Children’s
Learning Center Substitute Assistant Teacher, under the supervision
of the Children’s Learning Director or Coordinator, assists the
Lead Teacher in planning and facilitating developmental activities
as part of an overall program for children’s physical,
intellectual, emotional and social growth.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Some course work in early Childhood Education.
- Previous experience in working with group programs.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Monday through Friday as needed to fill in as a substitute in both
Children’s Learning Centers programs.
*Flexible schedule if needed and may vary in accordance with the
needs of the College.
Total Hours per week
varies depending on needs to fill in for staff shortages
Variable Hours. Please read Special Instructions to
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Assist Lead Teacher in providing and participating in large
group, small group and individual children’s activities as
- Maintain an awareness of children’s developmental progress and
group processes and communicate anecdotes/impressions daily to the
- Lead children’s group games, songs, stories, movement, trips,
projects, activities, and discussions as planned with the Lead
- Communicate positively with every child at the child’s level of
- Monitor the on-going health and safety of all assigned
- Adhere to and enforce classroom rules, as well as procedures
and policies established by the Lead Teacher and/or Director or
- Routinely straighten, clean and organize all toys, equipment,
shelving as well as all activity and eating areas.
- With the Lead Teacher, plan and implement circle times,
projects, as well as, portfolio for each child.
- Set up activity areas as assigned.
- Bring questions, concerns or conflicts directly to the
attention of Director, Coordinator, or Lead Teacher.
- Participate in, share during, and/or prepare for classroom and
center staff meetings, parent meetings, parent conferences, or
center promotional activities as necessary or assigned.
- Greet parents in a warm, friendly and interested manner;
respond to inquiries in a helpful, positive manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Have you completed some coursework in Early Childhood
- * Do you have experience in working with group programs?
- Cover Letter