Under general supervision, provide academic advising for students
and provide tools and resources to enable students to effectively
register and create degree plans using online registration system.
Assist in the development and leading of group enrollment and
advising sessions. Facilitate the resolution of individual academic
problems in cooperation with academic Deans, Department Chairs and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct group registration and information sessions to
effectively achieve the university’s enrollment and retention
2. Advise students regarding academic policies, major, minor, and
general education for degree completion.
3. Assist with creating and distributing a range of resource
materials designed for the efficient enrollment of students in all
4. Educate students regarding use of online registration system and
5. Attend to student academic inquiries; explain degree options,
sequence planning, transfer course information, and degree
6. Maintain academic files, correspondence, and written
documentation of all academic counseling interaction with
7. Track and process academic forms and petitions.
8. Monitor trends in major declarations and course offering
9. Facilitate student retention through the compilation and
completion of semester enrollment projects and reporting.
10. Assist with other Academic Advising and Student Service
projects and events as requested.
11. Network with Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts,
Student Services, and Campus Life to ensure maximum efficiency in
12. Interact regularly with academic Deans, Department Chairs, and
Program Directors regarding specific student situations.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part time student workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- · Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- · A thorough knowledge of: business English and arithmetic;
general office methods, procedures and practices.
- · Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple
- · Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the
duties of the position.
- · Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the
ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and
- · Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- · Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- · Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- · Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
- · Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
- · Excellent telephone etiquette.
- · Ability to resolve complaints and concerns.
- · Ability to investigate and analyze information, and draw
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2