The Department of Financial Management within Business Services at
the University at Buffalo is seeking an Office Assistant 2
(Calculations). This position is customer service oriented and will
assist with payments to multiple vendors in a timely manner.
The primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Participate in various administrative functions such as the
review of purchase orders, reimbursements, invoices, and
- Interact with departments, buyers, and supplier
- Review, prepare payments or other documents for entry into
- Independently use several systems and software packages to
process, track, and monitor expenses while maintaining compliance
with requirements. These are complex clerical processes where
attention to detail is required.
- Process transactions which require complicated mathematical
calculations and knowledge of guidelines.
- Independently perform complicated clerical processing and
record maintenance activities.
- Translate, interpret and implement guidelines to include SUNY,
RF, NYS, University at Buffalo, Accounts Payable, or Travel
- Assist with gathering documentation for audit requests.
- Use independent judgment to make decisions based on policies
and procedures in place or where precedents do not exist.
- Independently answer questions either in person, by phone, or
electronically which includes explaining and clarifying procedures
and use judgment when making decisions.
- Comply with established standards and protocols of the accounts
payable department and the overall organization’s goals and
- Assist co-workers with workload when the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned within Business Services
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our
to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public
research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies
ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to
achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures
challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed.
Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further
knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who
are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
Visit our website
to learn more
about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Transfer Eligibility Requirement:
You must have a current
permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a
position of the same title or transferable title.
You must hold the same title at
the University at Buffalo.
: You must be a former state
employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS .
ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE
ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE
A completed application is required for this position. If you
receive a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY for this position. You must
apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
- Flexible with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing
- Ability to perform task effectively within prescribed time
- Provide outstanding customer service with experience
interacting with a broad and diverse population.
- Strong organizational and oral communications skills.
- Computer proficiency in general PC applications, MS Office
(Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to use common office equipment.
- One year of industry related experience preferred.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.