Leads a multifaceted alumni engagement program which collaborates
with the alumni association and individual departments within the
College of Engineering to design and implement programs that engage
the colleges� closest constituents through special events,
networking and volunteer opportunities.
- Creates, plans and implements programs in collaboration with
community and alumni partners including but not limited to:
Advancement, University of Houston Alumni Association, Engineering
Alumni Association, Engineering Student Organizations, Program for
Mastery in Engineering Studies (PROMES) and academic
- Manages events and activities such as class reunions,
alumni-student mentoring programs, receptions, award dinners and
ceremonies, networking events, tailgates, and monthly board of
- Maintains and expands various alumni programs through the
development and implementation of new programing based on the
missions of the Engineering Alumni Association and Cullen College
- Serves as primary liaison between University of Houston Alumni
Association in relation to assigned organizations and Engineering
- Creates, monitors and manages budgets of programs, special
events and alumni and donor databases.
- Works closely with the Director of Communication to create and
implement marketing strategies for specific constituent bases.
- Supervises the creation of alumni communications such as
newsletters, flyers, and invitations.
- Collaborates with alumni leaders to resolve issues facing
constituent groups and the College of Engineering Alumni
Association members through researching issues and recommending
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related