The Department of DCIE has an exciting opportunity for
a full-time Executive Director, Programs to work in the Coral
The Executive Director, Programs for DCIE oversees
program development in the areas of professional certificates,
integration of technology into the classroom, and new revenue
generating professional programs. Additionally, the executive
director creates and implements initiatives to support existing and
new program development and implementation, budgeting, planning,
and the student journey. Incumbent is responsible for the
enrollment management function of DCIE/OPA
- Oversees the day-to-day operations for all DCIE non-credit
- Develops strategic plan for new innovative programs for credit
- Creates and implements processes and procedures for new
- Develops and implements the strategic plan with Assistant
Director on all non-credit existing programs on ground and online
(over 50 programs).
- Oversees benchmarking studies with the Assistant Director -OPA
and the Director of Research on existing and new programs
development to establish viability.
- Works with the Asst. Director on the curriculum development of
new programs and Performs benchmarking studies for applicable
- Develops and cultivates relationships with other program
departments and marketing to coordinate program activities.
- Builds collaborative agreements with other school and colleges
within the UM community to offer certificate programs both
on-ground and on-line.
- Works closely with Assistant Director to create long-term goals
for existing programs.
- Establishes and analyzes key metrics for data driven decisions
and collects and organizes facts and data, performs analyzes, and
- Manages the enrollment function for DCIE Office of Professional
Development Programs, including the supervision of Sr. Advisor and
Advisors of Enrollment.
- Prepares and manages operating budget report, execution, and
- Creates the fiscal year budget and work with marketing
department on marketing budget and campaigns. Manages the
department’s budget and prepare budget variances and projections.
Share information on program performance, budget, projections,
initiatives, and strategic plans with Dean, Executive Director of
Marketing, and Sr. Business Officer
- Prepares, collects, and organizes facts and data; performs
analysis, and prepares reports utilizing Salesforce for all
- Creates budget goals to ensure service of excellence, increase
revenue, increase enrollment, increase program offerings, and build
- Advances and supervises the annual budgets for all assigned
- Manages and supervises the program team and coordinates all
aspects of program development and student experience.
- Recruits, mentors, supervises, and evaluates subordinate staff
- Develops processes and procedures for continual innovations and
drives the use of best practices and workflow for program
- Networks amongst businesses and professionals in the community
about the programs
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director of OPA and Marketing
to coordinate and direct seminars, conferences, workshops, and
other events for the program.
- Interprets and shares the impact of federal and state
legislation on institutional programs.
- Serves as liaison to external agencies and organizations to
further program goals and objectives.
- Ensures internal control oversight and compliance with laws and
regulations, safeguarding of assets, compliance with university’s
policies and procedures, reliability of internal and external
reporting, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations. Creates
an effective control environment, conducts risk assessment,
implements, and monitors controls.
Master’s Degree in relevant field required, Ph.D. in
relevant field preferred.
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
Apply online: https://umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UMCareerStaff/job/Coral-Gables-FL/Executive-Director--Programs---OPA_R100048697-1