Academic Success Coach
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Center For Academic Student Achievement
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Academic Success Coach I, under supervision, addresses
individual academic, financial, career, and social issues that
affect the success of first-time students to the University.
Directs students to resources that will assist students in becoming
academically successful, and monitors student progress and
Functional Area 1:
Functional Area 2:
- Provide scholastic direction and advice to students in
individual and group formats.
- Maintain individual case load of students.
- Meet, refer, and follow up with students regarding general
scholastic questions, concerns, and needs.
- Foster retention and identified groups of students through
activities such as academic coaching, mentoring of student academic
progress to include midterm and final grades, and other support
General Service Delivery
Functional Area 3:
- Refer students to University resources to assist with time
management, test preparation, study skills, and additional
supplemental academic support services.
- Assist with implementation of projects to achieve specific,
academic objectives or outcomes.
- Respond to inquires from students and interprets university and
college policies and procedures.
Functional Area 4:
- Engage in related academic activities including, but not
limited to, maintaining records, administering and interpreting
student assessment inventories, making referrals, and managing
student progress reports.
- Maintain records of student contracts and achievements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with at-risk populations, academic support, and
students on university scholastic probation.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Master's Degree
- Three (3) years' experience with at-risk populations, academic
support, and students on university scholastic probation.
- Knowledge of Developmental Education standards from the Texas
Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Ability to hold recurrent, required, one-hour academic skills
modules three times per month, each month for conditional admission
and students placed on University scholastic probation.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Academic-Success-Coach_R-040087-1