Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
(Einstein) is one of the nation's premier institutions for medical
education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time
faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers
health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has
some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D.
students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein's major strength, in addition to training physicians
and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the
faculty's consistently high level of scientific achievement
resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed
grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System,
an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses,
including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new
state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing
facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state's
first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital
for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a
premier academic health system, employing Einstein's clinical
faculty and training Einstein's medical students, over 1,300
residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's
best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top
overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd
within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally
among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal
and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to
our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine invites applications for
an Instructional Designer for Distance Learning. This full-time
position works with our medical school faculty and administration
to develop online medical education modules and technology-enhanced
blended learning experiences. The Instructional Designer is also
the operational manager for the learning management system, the
natural language search program, and the lecture capture system.
The Instructional Designer, a member of the Office of Medical
Education, will report to the Director of Educational
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating and consulting with faculty and administration on
the effective use of online resources, instructional software and
systems and multimedia technologies to enhance online education,
flipped classroom and blended learning experiences.
- Working with faculty on the timely development of effective
instructional materials consistent with sound pedagogical
- Proactively engage faculty to recommend and assist in use of
interactive e-learning software (such as Articulate Storyline,
Camtasia or others) to create new learning modules.
- Evaluating the student learning and programmatic outcomes of
the educational products developed.
- Collaborating with the Director of Program Evaluation Program
Development to conduct faculty and staff workshops and other
activities that promote teaching, learning and assessment linked to
educational strategies, instructional technology, and learning
- Working with the Instructional Designer for Active Learning on
technology implementations for educational projects.
- Collaborating with faculty to turn their work on educational
innovations and results into educational scholarship.
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel
instructional approaches for possible use.
- Functioning as the operational manager for the student learning
management system (currently, Canvas) and software which integrates
with it such as the natural language search program (currently,
iSeek) and other third-party vendor solutions that integrate with
the learning management system by means of a national standard
- Being responsible for training faculty and staff in how to use
the software and providing tier one support for all educational
technologies used at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- Collaborate with others in OME to oversee the learning
management system (currently Canvas), ensure that the system is
operating optimally and serve as liaison with Instructure, makers
of Canvas, for technical support.
- Developing and providing training guides for staff and faculty
in the use of the LMS, including course design and implementation
of course elements.Overseeing the utilization of the LMS by other
divisions of Albert Einstein College of Medicine and provide
tier-one support to those divisions.
- Collaborating with other individuals within Albert Einstein
College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center to ensure that
programs used for medical education are appropriately integrated
with the LMS.
- Providing integrational support for the audience response
system (currently, Poll Everywhere) into educational
- Guiding faculty and instructors on appropriate methods for
preparing audio and video recordings in a sound studio.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and/or Related Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters or doctoral degree
preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will
also be considered.
- 2-3 years of experience in multimedia technology or related
- Previous experience in administering or support of web-based
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Canvas, iSeek,
Mediasite, one45, and Poll Everywhere preferred plus.
- Experience with medical and/or health sciences schools strongly
- Detailed knowledge and experience with educational technology
- Experience with providing training.
- Customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Troubleshooting/triage skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.