Job Summary/Basic Function
The Assistant Director for Campus Visit Experience serves as the
lead in overseeing on- and off-campus visitor programming. The
position implements effective programs and policies to accomplish
institutional and office goals. The Assistant Director guides and
challenges staff to think creatively and innovatively; uses and
processes data to inform, enrich, and implement projects and
programs, specifically focused on:
• The tour experience (on-campus, virtual, augmented, etc.)
• Off-campus visit experience: events including programming,
presentations, swag, decorations
• High school visits: presentation, materials
• College fairs: materials
• Special group presentations, interactivities
• High School Counselor visits: programming, materials, swag)
• Pack Leaders (Tour Guides): training, programming, student
development and supervision
• Welcome Center experience
• Scholarship Competitions
• Manages a team of student tour guides and campus visit
coordinator. Provides feedback related to unit’s strategic goals
& plans to other members of office leadership team and keeps
leaders abreast of all projects, processes, events.
• Works with faculty, deans, and representatives from other
departments in the University to expand and improve visitor
activities that impact recruitment and enrollment efforts for
• Coordinates information sessions about the University. Provides
excellent customer service by answering phone calls and emails from
prospective students and parents, and meeting with visitors on
campus. Answers questions about the University, St. Louis, and
admissions. Must have the ability to handle difficult phone calls
and situations from prospective students, parents, and counselors.
May participate in recruitment-related and/or event-related
• Utilize visitor evaluative feedback to continuously improve the
visitor experience. Utilize and analyze visitor data to improve
yield and matriculant conversion.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Generate weekly and monthly reports on the effectiveness of all
campus visit experiences.
• 2-4 years of significant work experience in Admissions or
Customer Experience related areas.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to interpret data.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong project and event management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Exceptional customer-service focus and experience in visitor
programming or visitor services.
• Knowledge of higher education and issues related to recruitment,
admissions, and enrollment of students.
• Exceptional customer service skills and ability to resolve
customer problems in an appropriate manner.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: July 28, 2021