Student Engagement and Marketing Strategist, Librarian
Kennesaw State University Library System
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a
full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure track Student Engagement and
Marketing Strategist, Librarian Assistant Professor faculty
position in the Kennesaw State University Library System that
begins in January 2022.
Librarianship (85 %)
- Develop, implement, maintain, plan, manage, edit, and assess
professional and strategic marketing materials, workflows,
communications, projects, and events that require substantial
attention to details with a focus upon increasing awareness and
engagement of the KSU Library System’s collections, services, and
spaces by students and faculty.
- Develop, design, and maintain a consistent professional
marketing image for all materials produced.
- Select publicity materials, design printed handouts, and
prepare budgets for engagement events / promotions, give-a-ways,
and advertising campaigns.
- Develop and maintain library social media, campus-wide
advertising, engagement partnerships / grants, and professional
library association updates about the KSU Library System.
- Perform subject specific professional work including faculty
outreach and assessment as needed.
- Provide research assistance (in person, via chat, or other
communication modes) to students and other members of the KSU
community as needed.
- Engage in KSU Library System service, KSU University service,
and/or service to the library profession.
- Participate in scholarship, research, and/or creative activity.
Contribute to the development of the library profession and/or
subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, and
An earned Master’s degree in Librarianship / Information
Science, or a master level equivalent accredited program recognized
by the American Library Association, or foreign equivalent.
Other qualifications might include:
- Expertise with Adobe Cloud, Microsoft Suite software, and
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, creative writing, or
other relevant educational background
- Experience in academic libraries
- Experience with marketing library services and / or
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with
evidence of strong attention to detail
- Evidence of effective project management, scheduling
experience, and ability to meet deadlines
- Event planning and budget experience
- A record of professional service
- A record of scholarly publications and/or conference
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering
campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just
north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one
of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest
university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs.
Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of
Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed
to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to
broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on
a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.