Responsible for coordinating classes and the
activities of the non-credit fire training programs and
certifications. Incumbent responsibilities generally include
student advising, instructor monitoring, developing
internal/external partnerships, developing proposals for contract
training programs; evaluating program delivery and recommending
modifications based on trends, technology, and needs assessments;
conducting research and analyzing information; developing
curriculum, proctoring certification examinations, developing
program communications; monitoring program grants and assisting
with program budget development and implementation. Ensure
alignment of classes and programs with HACC's Strategic Plan and
compliance with Middle States standards.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience, or a combination of
experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the
essential duties of the job.
Accredited PA state fire academy
Accredited PA state fire academy
Job Specific Task List:
- Oversees activities, analyzes, and provides training and
support to staff and adjunct faculty in designing and creating
coursework curriculum and delivery for the non-credit Fire Training
Unit only (excludes Fire Science). - (Essential)
- Prepares, maintains, and updates departmental procedures and
policies to ensure compliance with operations and staff activities.
- Develops class proposals and maintains internal and external
partnerships to maximize effectiveness of educational programs and
market offerings to outside courses. - (Essential)
- Locates and obtains funding sources and prepares applications
and grants for customized education; oversees and administers
awarded funds. - (Essential)
- Oversees and ensures program compliance with applicable
industry, government, and education rules, regulations, and
standards. - (Essential)
- May supervise and evaluate support staff and adjunct faculty by
monitoring work, assessing performance, providing direction, and
making recommendations. - (Essential)
- Participates in budget development, monitors and approves
expenditures in accordance with college policy, and prepares a
variety of reports to support activities as needed. -
- Oversees and maintains confidential files and paperwork related
to staff, instructor(s), and student(s). - (Essential)
- Schedules classes as well as certification exams and contracts
adjunct staff based on program needs. - (Essential)
- May instruct class sessions as needed - (Essential)
- Serves as a representative for the college at internal and
external events as required. - (Essential)
- College-related travel is required, as necessary. -
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends at both on campus and
off campus locations on a frequent basis. - (Essential)
- Performs other related duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Jul 28, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Aug 15, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time