ASO Dir, Development
The Associate Director of Development, University Initiatives is
responsible for implementing a broad range of fundraising
activities in support of the Division of Student Affairs and Machen
Florida Opportunity Scholars (MFOS) program. Reporting to the
Executive Director of Advancement, the incumbent is responsible for
assisting in developing and executing the fundraising program and
strategy to fulfill the financial and strategic needs of UF
Role and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a portfolio of mid-range to major gift
prospects ($50,000 - $100,000+) for the identification,
cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of, Student Affairs
initiatives and Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars (MFOS)
- Assist with the mini campaign goal for MFOS ($25M), with a
focus on cash giving.
- Develop new funding initiatives to broaden the universities
donor base and build new donor/parent pipelines.
- Strategically manage relationships through face-to-face visits
to bring gift solicitations to closure.
- Maximize travel plans to strategic geographic regions in
collaboration with Executive Director of Advancement for major gift
- Oversee and lead gift acknowledgement plan and process.
- Assist with the coordination of effective stewardship for
Student Affairs and MFOS programs and initiatives. Work with
council members, Annual Giving, and central UFA office to assist in
the planning and implementation of activities and events.
- Assist with identifying and qualifying potential council
- Initiate, plan, and support activities and events involving
volunteers and prospects.
- Engage council members and donors at events.
- Assist Executive Director of Advancement with strategic
planning for implementation of fundraising programs designed to
secure funding in support of University Initiatives.
- Develop and attend programs and events on and off campus.
- Work in partnership with Annual Giving to develop and implement
strategies to retain and increase the number of annual
- Develop and present major gift proposals, and acknowledge and
recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and
appropriate to the mission, vision, and values of the unit,
- Collaborate with the unit and program directors to ensure goals
and objectives are achieved.
- Work in partnership with Alumni Relations to develop a strategy
for programs and activities involving volunteers and
- Assist with planning and implementing short and long-term
- Work with communications and marketing team to coordinate
solicitation communications to key constituencies.
- Serve on work groups that support campaign, fundraising, and
strategic planning efforts for programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with key staff members on planning and
- Ensure best practices in alignment with UF Advancement’s Vision
and Values of Service, Excellence and Team; ensure best practices
in office systems, practices, files and record keeping; ensure
effective use of strategic tools and resources.
- Plans and monitors the budget, using resources for best results
in fundraising and planning activities involving volunteers,
prospects, faculty and administration.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one
year of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an
appropriate area of specialization and three years of relevant
The successful candidate will possess:
- Two to four years of fundraising experience with proven success
soliciting annual giving and/or mid-range gifts.
- Prior experience in a university or nonprofit
- Passion and a deep appreciation for initiatives supporting
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement
constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse
constituencies, meet deadlines, be self-motivated, and work
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player
- Competency in problem solving.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent
written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and
the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably
Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database,
contact management and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver license
and good driving record are essential.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resume, and three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required: