Assistant Professor - Library
Academic Affairs Division
Description of College / Department / Program / Division /
[To be provided by department]
General position summary statement for UWL faculty librarian
positions: Under general supervision of the department chair, a
person in this position is responsible for managing information by
selecting, organizing, providing access to, and preserving physical
and online information resources, as well as assisting and
educating others in the effective utilization of such resources.
Librarianship involves maintaining currency in the individual’s
area of expertise and maintaining an active on-going program of
scholarship related to the individual’s roles and responsibilities.
In addition, this individual will provide service to the
department, college, and university and is likely expected to
provide service to the community and/or the profession. Other
duties may be assigned by the chair or director.
The advanced terminal degree recognized by the Library Department
is the Master’s degree awarded by a library and information studies
(typically, “MLS”) program accredited by the American Library
Association, or international equivalent. A list of all current and
former library and information studies programs accredited by ALA
since 1925 is available
Working conditions and environment
Library, office setting.
General leave-related statement for all UWL librarian faculty
positions: The director (in consultation with the chair and the
faculty member) will determine leave-related arrangements for
library faculty when needed.
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial
package from the university.
• excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good
• paid holidays and sick days.
• sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health
insurance post-work at UWL .
• after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement
system which ensures income post-career.
• benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and
some of the strongest in state and nation.
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This
information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits
are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
These are the job duties required for the position.
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Position Contact Email
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university
is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the
- Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?