Executive Administrative Assistant 3
University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Executive Admin Assistant
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
School Of Dentistry
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The School of Dentistry, Office of Clinical Education, invites
applicants to apply to the Executive Administrative Assistant
position. This position provides administrative support to the
Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Education and the Dean’s Office
within the School.
The Office of Clinical Education is responsible for establishing
and supervising the clinical curriculum for dental and dental
hygiene students. The clinical curriculum is the distinguishing
part of dental education, as the goal of our program is to have our
graduates ready to achieve a
license as an entry-level general dentist or dental
The Office is responsible for planning, scheduling, evaluation and
maintenance of dental, dental hygiene and graduate student
curricula for the School of Dentistry. The primary function of this
position is to assist the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical
Education and the Dean’s Office faculty and staff by providing a
wide variety of administrative and office coordination. Secondary
executive administrative support would be to the Graduate Program
Director, Advanced Education Committee, Senior Associate Dean of
Academic Affairs, Director of Curriculum Advancement and Chair of
Duties include, but are not limited to:
– Supports the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Education in daily
operations as directed. This position manages student registration
for clinical board exams, coordinates site preparation details with
clinical boards, conveys information regarding boards on behalf of
the clinical dean, and provides any other administrative support
necessary to administer clinical board examinations at VCU . This
position also provides administrative support for committees
reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical
– With respect to the Advanced Education/ Master of Science in
Dentistry ( MSD ) programs, takes the lead responsibility for
supporting the academic affairs work related to these programs.
Prepares or oversees the preparation of academic calendars and
schedules for Advanced Education/ MSD program. Collaborates with
the Graduate School on matters relating to the MSD program.
Collaborates with Student Services and Registrar’s Office to ensure
accuracy of Advanced Education/ MSD students’ registration and
– Provides primary support for the business of the Advanced
Education Committee. Provides primary support for the Director of
Curriculum Advancement and Chair of Curriculum Committee. Maintains
printed and electronic files and databases related to academic
affairs including resident’s rosters.
– Supports the Director of Advanced Education in preparation of
accreditation documents. Assist Director of Advanced Education,
Senior Associate Dean and Executive Associate Dean in MSD track
– Supports the Director of Curriculum Advancement and Senior
Associate Dean in management of the Outcomes Assessment program
including collection and management of data, completion of routine
analyses and preparation of routine reports. Maintains regular
contact with individuals responsible for providing outcomes
– Processes on-line travel and coordinates this with the Office of
Accounts Payable and Support Services and the Office of
– Planning of new resident orientation and graduating resident’s
reception. Performing internal degree audits and coordination of
graduation application and diploma ordering process.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
– Several years of progressive administrative experience.
– Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and
– Ability to rapidly multi-task with excellent organizational
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with
excellent attention to detail.
– Strong problem-solving skills.
– Ability to compose appropriate written communication documents
with minimal supervision.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Access.
– Strict confidentiality and the use of sound judgment and
discretion in the handling of sensitive and privileged
– Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as
a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
– College degree or equivalent applicable training and/or
– Experience in the medical field, dentistry, or health
– Experience and knowledge of VCU procurement policies and
procedures, Banner and eVA.
– Experience and knowledge of VCU assessment tools ( WEAVE ).
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
Application Process/Additional Information
Normal Work Days/Hours
Monday - Friday
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * Are you a current VCU employee?
- * Please describe your administrative experience in higher
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe any work experience in a dental environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3