University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
School of Medicine
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Development Coordinator is a professional position whose
primary functions are donor relations/stewardship, development,
alumni communications, and project and administrative support. This
position will provide assistance in general office operations,
stewardship and donor relations, communications, meeting and event
support and calendar management.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● An undergraduate degree from an accredited university or a
minimum of 5 years of experience supporting a team of executives in
a fast-paced, highly complex environment is required.
● Experience in development office administration and
donor/constituent relations, particularly in an institution of
higher education and/or medical environment, in an
externally-facing role is required.
● Experience solving problems, prioritizing tasks, responding to
questions, and making decisions independently while also
functioning as a team player in a fast-paced environment with tight
● Demonstrated ability to plan, deploy, track and analyze donor
relations and fundraising practices at an institution of higher
● Experience developing and writing professional communications as
well as exceptional oral communications skills and phone
● Professional credibility required to engage and leverage senior
administrative leadership, faculty, students, volunteer leadership
and other key stakeholders in development activities.
● Experience with gift/transaction processing and
● Ability to analyze and validate alumni data using various
information sources including public and subscription
● Database management and reporting skills (preferably with
Blackbaud products) as well as experience managing mailing lists
with an exceptional attention to detail.
● Experience with MS Office Suite software including MS Word,
Access, and Excel, as well as VCU Real Source and Banner.
Enthusiasm for learning new software platforms.
● Deep appreciation for the mission and aspirations of VCU and the
VCU School of Medicine
● Working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving.
● Travel involving an automobile
● Ability to work in a diverse environment
Preferred Hiring Standards
● Graduate degree in a related field.
● Experience in developing and/or reviewing communications copy for
a lay audience.
● Experience with Blackbaud and Adobe products as well as Mailchimp
or similar communications platform.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
$40,000 - $52,500
Application Process/Additional Information
We will be recruiting up to two positions from this posting.
Normal Work Days/Hours
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application