The University at Buffalo’s Office for Curriculum, Assessment,
& Teaching Transformation ( CATT ) seeks to hire a Content
Development Specialist. The Specialist is responsible for creating
digital learning experiences such as courses, training modules, and
learning objects, via multi-media formats, including, but not
limited to, audio, video, photo, animation and print, and
disseminating content through multiple platforms including
websites, learning management systems, and a variety of university
supported platforms. The specialist will also be responsible for
writing guiding instructions or prompts throughout course builds.
Additional responsibilities may include website management,
documenting CATT events and capturing and editing faculty video to
create website or course content. The incumbent must ensure that
all deliverables are accessible.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Create digital learning experiences across multiple platforms
using appropriate multi-media tools in fully accessible
- Collaborate with Teaching Transformation team and constituents
to develop appropriate project timelines and production
- Manage course build projects:
- Attend or convene project meetings throughout course and media
- track and update team on alterations to the plan; and
- regularly update SWOT analysis to provide informed
recommendations to the Teaching Transformation team to increase
efficiency and impact on future course builds.
The Office of Curriculum, Assessment, and Teaching Transformation (
CATT ) at the University at Buffalo promotes educational excellence
through: support of instructional and learning environments design;
assessment of program and teaching effectiveness; and dissemination
of evidence-based instructional strategies. Each office within the
department supports the mission of educational excellence.
Educational Effectiveness & Learning Analytics ( EELA )
supports program improvements through the program assessment and
review process and through student evaluations of teaching. The
Teaching Transformation Team supports the effective design of
courses and curricula through evidence-based approaches. The office
of Learning Environments & Technologies works to establish
in-person and virtual learning environments that promote effective
teaching and learning. The Research, Analytics & Strategic
Initiatives team promotes the scholarship of teaching and learning
and helps to provide strategic direction for CATT . For more
information, please visit the CATT website
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public
research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies
ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to
achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures
challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed.
Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further
knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who
are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
Visit our website to learn more about the University at
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field with
demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Storytelling skills integrating multiple digital environments
and media formats (audio, video, graphics, animation).
- Creative video capture using professional audio, video and
- Creative video editing skills using desktop-based programs such
as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Creative event and commercial photography skills.
- Evidence of exceptional writing skills for a wide-range of
applications including web, print, and video.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to
work independently at times and collaborate with others on a
- At least 3 years of related media production and communications
experience in higher education.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager or other content
- Ability to maintain mobile and studio production equipment,
troubleshoot technical failures and make repair or replacement
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products
including InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a focus on PowerPoint
development. Proficiency with Google Suites including Docs, Sheets,
Calendar and Drive.
- Experience and understanding of email marketing tools (e.g.
Mail Chimp), Google Analytics and social media distribution.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.