The University at Buffalo, Faculty Affairs office seeks to hire a
Director of Faculty Recognition. The Director will advance
University at Buffalo’s strategic goals to support faculty and
organizational excellence by working to increase the number of
prestigious national and international awards UB’s faculty receive
each year. The Director will report to the Vice Provost for Faculty
Affairs and work collaboratively with the Office of the Vice
Provost for Faculty Affairs staff as well as all decanal units. The
Director will be primarily responsible for identifying, supporting,
and managing faculty nominations for awards and prizes offered by
national and international foundations and societies. This will
include developing a target list of prestigious faculty awards,
identifying and reviewing recognition opportunities, assisting with
campus-wide recognition events, guide potential nominees and their
department heads and/or deans and, where needed, other offices
across campus, assisting with the development of application
materials, supporting individual nominees through the application
process, developing and maintaining an award database for the
purpose of tracking, and monitoring awardee data for reports and
presentations. The Director may be responsible for special projects
or duties as assigned by the Vice Provost for Faculty
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
About Faculty Affairs
- Implement strategic vision for enhancing faculty awards and
- Establish and implement protocols designed to increase award
- Collaborate with campus-wide faculty and administrative
- Engage with national peer institutions to identify and
implement best practices related to faculty awards and
Faculty Affairs is responsible for all matters pertaining to UB’s
faculty. Faculty Affairs staff help facilitate a culture of faculty
excellence at the university in the areas of research, teaching,
and service. Primary areas of responsibility under Faculty Affairs
include coordinating the university’s promotion and tenure process;
welcoming and orienting new faculty to UB; assisting deans,
department chairs, and faculty with issues associated with hiring
and retention; building programs to orient new department chairs
and improve their management skills; facilitating the nomination
process for national, internal, and SUNY awards; and partnering
with the Vice Provost for Equity and Inclusion to develop proactive
strategies for enhancing faculty diversity.
About the University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo is SUNY ’
s most comprehensive
public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB
amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless
possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds
and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn
and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to
further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious
graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on
global society. Visit our website
to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with
benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards
including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also
focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal
and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life
effectiveness. Visit our
to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Master’s degree with 3 years of professional experience with
competencies in the following areas:
· Strong attention to detail.
· Professionalism and exceptional written and oral communication
skills, including editing.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse
constituency including; faculty, department heads, deans, and other
· Demonstrated ability in program coordination / management.
· Ability to manage time and delivery of assigned tasks in a
fast-paced, deadline driven environment under own initiative.
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is
· Strong database management skills.
· Experience working with faculty and/or administrators at a major
· Broad knowledge of nationally prestigious awards and
· Experience coordinating submissions for grants, national awards,
recognitions and/or prizes.
· Familiarity with the University at Buffalo’s academic mission,
goals and strengths.
· A demonstrated commitment to fostering and advancing a diverse
and inclusive workforce.
· Proven record of successful collaboration across organizational
boundaries and with diverse groups.
· A Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree.
· Five (5) or more years professional work experience within higher
· Experience working closely with faculty or working as an
· Experience with Academic Analytics and/or other faculty tracking
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.