Head Athletic Trainer
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Head Athletic Trainer ( HAT ) reports directly to the Athletic
Director (AD) and is responsible for the care, prevention, and
rehabilitation of injuries and/or illnesses for Central State
University student athletes(SA).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Injury prevention, evaluation, management, and treatment of
athletic injuries; short and long term rehabilitation of athletic
injuries, under the supervision of the Team Physician(s) and other
qualified medical personnel.
• Schedule and coordinate athletic training staff and students for
coverage of all team practices and athletic competitions.
• Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical
referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to
practice and compete.
• Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic
department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and
home and away competitions as necessary.
• Report the status of injured student-athletes to the coaching
staff; meet with appropriate staff to identify and discuss any
• Responsible for overseeing and administering the
university-sponsored excess insurance program for student-athletes:
Process insurance claims for all medical bills and expenses for
each injury. Work in conjunction with Student-Health Services
• Ensure compliance with all University, Conference, and NCAA rules
and regulations related to medical care for student-athletes.
• Maintenance of the athletic training facilities, modalities, and
• Recordkeeping and documentation consisting of:
o Detailed and accurate medication logs.
o Complete injury reports and treatment logs.
o Maintain up-to-date individual medical records for each
o Planning of the Athletic Training Room budget, supply and
inventory, and all supply purchases.
• Arrange medical appointments and transportation for
student-athletes as needed.
• Maintain continuing education units (CEU’s of the NATABOC and
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Must be certified by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association
Board of Certification ( NATABOC ) and possess or be eligible for
Athletic Training Licensure from the State of Ohio’s Occupational
Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainer’s Board ( OTPTAT
• Must have baccalaureate degree in Athletic Training from an
accredited college/university; Master’s preferred.
• ARC Professional Rescuer certification which includes; CPR, FA,
AED, O₂, & BBP .
• Must have a registered NPI number.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Three Letters of Recommendation and Official Transcripts are
A Letter of Recommendation request will be sent to your references
if you are selected for interview. Please ensure you provide your
references name and email address where indicated on the
Send Official Transcripts to:
Central State University
Attn: Charity Townes
PO Box 1004
1400 Brush Row Road
Wilberforce, OH 45384
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- * Are you certified by the National Athletic Trainer's
Association and do you possess or are you eligible for Athletic
Training Licensure from the State of Ohio's Occupational Therapy,
Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer's Board?
- * Do you have a registered NPI number?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts